VII

fontaine is so cool and also Navia thighs (😍) AND CLORINDE'S VOICE UGH I CAME what 🙁 who said that 🙁 wasn't me 🙁
second pov!!

"Alright," Childe sighs and leans on his hand while raising a brow in your direction. "You and Rosalyne haven't been too cushy cushy lately. What's up?" He watches you quietly as you stuff books in their place, a pensive loo on your face. He's leaning on your cart (which you told him not to do over five times.)

"Nothings up. We just haven't talked as much," You squint over at him. "Why are you here again? Last I checked you only visited the library to take secret calls with Teucer."

Childe leans forward and shushes you. "Hey now! Quiet down, anyone could hear you!" He leans back with suspicious glances, frowning. "Why do you stalk me so much...? Can't a guy call his brother?"

"It's just weird you have to sneak off to do it," You murmur, raising your brow and looking back at your books. "It's almost like you aren't calling him, rather Sc—"

"Shut up!" Childe groans and rubs his head. "Look, all I do is check up on him. Since he left the group and the school I just... worry. You know how his mothers are..."

You shrug. "Scara can handle those things."

Childe grumbles, before an offensive look is shot your way. "Hey wait! You totally just changed the subject on me! We're supposed to be talking about you and Rosalyne!"

Now it's your turn to shush him.

"Oh? Y/n and Rosalyne?" A groan leaves you at the sound of Lisa. She steps over to you two, eyeing Childe suspiciously before looking your way. "And how is that going?"

"Peachy." You mutter, pushing some books away.

Lisa sighs. "You two give me headaches..."

You begin to mumble under your breath about how it's none of her nor Childe's business, but they don't stop nagging you anyway. "You guys are like— best friends," Childe states, waving his hand. "I've never seen you two apart."

"Well maybe it's time for space." You grit, pushing a book into its place. Rosalyne hadn't talked much to you since you left that night, which was odd as you were sure she was asleep.

But it was whatever, you needed time to think anyway. And by think you meant let your thoughts drift to Arlecchino. God, as if you weren't a sinner already.. now you were thinking of another woman!

Groaning, you lean your head against the bookshelf. "I'm gonna fucking kill myself."

"Oh." Lisa and Childe hum in unison.

"I sure hope you two aren't bugging Y/n again," Oh speak of the devil— Arlecchino, raises a brow your way. "Are you alright angel?"

You sigh and nod, kicking Childe through the cart when he makes fake kissy faces to Lisa who chuckles behind her hand. "I hate you both," You hiss, shooing them away.

After they make their departure (giggling like kids in a candy store the entire way), Arlecchino leans against the bookshelf you're working on. A soft hum falls and you feel your entire attention snapped to her. "Now what's this I hear about you and...?"

You don't blame her for not wanting to speak Rosalyne's name.

"I don't know," Sighing, you only offer her a shrug. "We just haven't talked much, that's it."

Arlecchino's eyes flash with something unrecognizable. "I'm sorry to hear that, angel. But... maybe you two need a break?"

"You think so?"