Chapter One: Misery

Screams.. Screams, cries, whimpers, and pleading, I can still hear them. It's making me want to cry and hide in a hole forever, maybe even die there. I can hear his voice in my head, the one, the one who caused this all, the hideous monster, HIM. I can see the white walls that look as if they've been painted in red, that warm disgusting, liquid. I can feel it all over my body as the mountains of corpses below me increase.

"Alexis! Alexis, wake up and get ready for school!" My mother exclaimed from downstairs. "Okay, okay.." I groaned, fluttering my blue eyes open and trying to convince myself to get out of my comfy.. so comfy bed.. I swung myself out of my bed, dragging my feet on my white carpet, towards my closet. I swooped a pair of jeans and a hoodie, slipping them on in no time. As I was pacing around my room, trying my best to tie my black hair up in a half up half down bun, I noticed that every time I walked by my mirror I would see a very thin red streak on the left side of my head, following down from the roots of my hair to the ends. I finished with my hair and squinted my eyes to get a better view of my hair and I indeed was not seeing things. "At least it looks cool.." I mumbled to myself, encouraging my confidence with the new streak in my hair. I walked away from my mirror and downstairs to greet my mother.

After greeting my mother and eating some toast, I walked right out my front door, while swinging my backpack over my shoulders. I dreadfully wandered my way to hell's prison, school. I sluggishly pushed open the school doors and dragged myself in. I began to walk to class when my vision went black. I felt something take control of my body. Although I couldn't see anything, I could hear and feel everything.

I want to hurl, I want to cry, I want to scream, but I can't! It feels so gross, the bones crushing under my touch, the warm liquid drenching my clothes and my face. I want to run away but my body won't let me! The screams of pain and agony, it overwhelms me with fear and guilt. It pains me to know that I am causing this tragedy of suffering and misery. I can hear another scream, but this one it's so close but I realize it's me screaming as the darkness clears from my vision, I can see again. Corpses welcome me, mountains of them are all around me, all because I DID this. It's all my fault, it really is.