Blue Sparks

The fire and the alcohol were my only source of warmth. The cool March breeze tingled against my cheeks, producing a rosy tint. Next to me sat my best friend, Hannah, and our friend Mathew. We sat talking as the fire whisked in the wind. A gaterade bottle filled with UV blue sat in my lap, in attempt to sheild it from Hannah's mom. I didn't drink it to become drunk, I simple enjoyed the familiar burn and warmth it brought me. Our conversation became silenced at the sound of a truck in the distance.
"I bet that's Conrad." Said Mathew with a grin on his face. I had never met Conrad before that night, I didn't even know what he looked like.
"I invited him." mentioned Mathew, "I hope that's okay."
"Yeah of course! He is funny as hell, I don't mind." Hannah reassured. I sat there in silence as Hannah and Mathew continued their conversation, my eyes were glued on Conrad as he approached. Through the shadows I could only slightly make out his appearence. His baseball cap casted a shadow on his face, while his hands remained tucked into his jeans.
"Hey Conrad, how you doing man?" Greeted Mathew.
"Pretty shitty. I was just bow fishing and I saw barely any Karp." My head was reeling trying to understand what he said. Leaning over I whispered to Hannah, "What is bow fishing?"
"When you shoot fish with a bow." She responded.
Conrad sat down on the log next to me. I was amazed at how clueless I felt as they all talked about trucks, mudding, and everything country.
As the conversation began to die down I offered my Gatorade bottle to Conrad, "Want some?"
He looked at me and I could tell he did, but something was holding him back. "What is it?"
"Alcohol." I said while smirking. Was he a man or not? Yes he has a truck and talks like a man, but can he handle his liquor?
"Yeah but what kind?"
"UV blue." I said as he opened the bottle and took a shot.
"Was that your first taste of alcohol?" Questioned Mathew in a menacing tone. Conrad simply responded by taking another shot while flipping Mathew off.
Mathew and Hannah roared in laughter.

I don't know if it was the alcohol running through my body, but I knew at that moment Conrad would be someone I'd never forget.