🝮 𝐈𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐲

"𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝓊𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌ℯ 𝓃ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝓇ℯ𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝑔ℴℴ𝒹𝒷𝓎ℯ 𝒲ℯ 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒻 𝓃𝒹ℯ𝒹"

• Same Day - Same Time

Out of his mind, he threw his blankets off, slipped over the sofa, bended down to your level, and hugged you tightly. Your tears staining his shirt, as you gripped him....

It was going to be a long morning...

Your sobs seemed never ending as the moment and the past both clouded together making everything unbearable. Yet Fernando held on, unmoved by the dramatics of this all.

"Shhh, Vienna, it's okay." Fernando whispered softly as his hand found your hair, stroking it. "He's gone now."

You couldn't believe it. He Fernando was caring for you when he was the one you were meant to take care of. But I guess what goes comes back.

Slowly, your tears began to subdue, whether it was because of the comfort or merely because you just didn't have any tears left to cry, was unsure.

Fernando realized what he had done. What was he doing hugging you? He felt ashamed of himself for doing such a thing. It had only been a night of recognition, not to mention he was drunk more than half the time, and he was already trying to work his way to being a lover.

So Fernando let go.

He slowly stood up as your tears had almost vanished completely. You seemed embarrassed by yourself and frantically wiped away and excess tears. Fixing your hair, you straightened your seating position.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled as a blush rose to your cheek from the embarrassment.

"Don't be. It's okay." But even with Fernando's words you sat there silent, eyes fixed to the ground in front of you.

And once again Fernando found himself doing something hung he shouldn't do. He kneeled beside you and grabbed a cookie from the plate. "Here, don't go starving on me now." He smiled as he tried to feed you the cookie.

You opened your mouth weakly and took a small bite. You smiled as you chewed, you had to admit, this was pretty funny. "Yes, sir." You lightly and quietly chuckled.

"There we go." Fernando said as you took the last bite. "Cookies work wonders." He laughed, your new state made him smile uncontrollably.

You turned your head slightly to Fernando's, and it was only inches away. You breathed softly as Fernando's eyes found your lips. Perhaps even your eyes found his lips, but you wouldn't admit that. Still Fernando felt his heart beating a bit faster, as a shade of red dusted his cheeks.

But then you remembered last night, and what Fernando said and did. You wondered if he truly meant any of it.

"Fernando?" You spoke up, scooting your face away a bit.

"Yeah?" He replied as he was still beside you.

"Last night, at the bar, you said some things that I don't know are true." You started, looking into Fernando's eyes.

"What did I say?" He asked, completely oblivious.

Your breath grew deeper. "You said you liked looking at me...and then you kissed me actually." You replied with confidence, eyes still locked with his.

You watched as Fernando's eyes widened a bit, but you couldn't tell if it was shock or fear you found out his secret.

"I—Vienna, I—" He couldn't seem to piece together a complete sentence.

"Did you mean it?" You asked, leaning forward to his face one more. It was crazy how could Fernando feel so small under your figure and words.

Fernando looked longing into your eyes, he wanted to say 'yes' but was afraid. It had already been 7 month since your last breakup, but what if that wasn't enough time?

"Vienna, I'd say no, but then I'd be lying to you." He spoke out.

"Since when?"

"Since forever. Way too long ago...6 years, I think." Fernando felt a bit beaten up by his reply. Six years.

You didn't find the reply shameful, but eye opening. Your mouth gaped open slightly, as you realized, Fernando the one who was always there for you, loved you and you were so blind to not see it. Fernando found himself, once again, looking at your lips, but perhaps it was because your mouth was gaped open a bit. He was feeling a bit too eager, and that came into his sense.

"I'm sorry, I should go." Fernando got up rather quickly as the more you stayed silent the more he felt pain. His hand found the door knob, but stopped.

In your mind you said, "No. Stay." But that didn't happen. For once you didn't have the confidence.

Fernando looked back at you and there you were, standing and looking at him with soft eyes. Yet you were both broken.

The two do you just stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, before Fernando twisted the knob and walked out, shutting the door.

You cursed at yourself for your fear to speak up. Now he was gone and you lost your chance. Sh*t.

But then you remembered Trent. You still had his number.

Ring. Ring.

"Helloooo?" Trent's voice cheerfully replied.

"Hey, Trent." You said back, forcing a smile.

"What's up? Been a long time since you've dialed my number, that's for sure." He let out his sweet little chuckle.

"I need help." Was all you said, but later you thought it sounded like you were dying.

"What? Are you okay?" Trent asked, concern lacing his every word.

"Don't worry it's nothing physical...it's about Fernando." You said. How could you have said 'Fernando' when you were calling for you? It was your mistake as much as his.

"Fernando? How'd you'd see him?" Trent asked rather flabbergasted.

"I was the bartender at the bar you guys were at last night, I saw you actually." You chuckled a bit.

"Oh, this is embarrassing." Trent let out an awkward laugh, before clearing his throat. "Do you need to see him?"

"Yeah, basically." You couldn't think of any other way to put it.

"That's easy peasy, I'll get you some tickets to our next game...I'll put my signature on it and write some things, it'll be like a back stage pass." He explained.

"Back stage?" You questioned.

"Yeah so you can come to the dugout, y'know see Fernando and us." And that's when it clicked. Trent really did have a good was of making plans.

"Have you done this before?" You smirked.

"Maybe."