20 | tap tap tap [in, buckle up, get strapped in.]

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
chapter twenty: tap tap tap [in, buckle up, get strapped in.]

NICK STURNIOLO. IF YKYK.

tw(s): a mature joke thrown in there, but it's nothing new, just a part of the og script that sounded a little sus.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

TAP, TAP, TAP. 

"For God's sakes, Julie and Connie, not another party!" Emma says, her back turned to the window as she unbraids her hair.

The window screeches open. "Well, I'm not Julie or Connie, but you'll have to tell me that story sometime," Charlie says, setting his backpack down on the bed.

"Oh, Charlie, hey! What are you doing? It's late." 

"I've got Heathers and Doritos," Charlie says, unzipping his backpack.

"What flavor?" Emma asks, plopping down on the bed.

"What flavor do you want it to be?" Charlie asks with a challenging smile.

"Cool Ranch tonight, I feel like."

"Well, I must know you very well, because I've got Cool Ranch right here," Charlie says, tossing her a bag.

"Really? Wow, do you think being together so often, like, syncs our brains?" Emma asks, tearing her bag open.

"Yeah, no, I just bought every flavor you've ever liked," Charlie says, opening his bag wider to display an array of chip bags stuffed to the bottom.

"Aw, you're sweet, but I can't get that telepathy theory out of my head now."

"Yeah, well, I've got a lot to make up for."

"Look, Charlie, it's okay. I'm done being angry, and so are you. Just turn on Heathers and all will be forgiven," Emma says, rubbing his shoulder.

Midway through the movie, Charlie pauses it.

"Emma, you know I love you, right?"

"Of course."

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

"Alright, I've been doing my homework on the Varsity," Coach Orion announces, leaning on his stick. "I'm not gonna lie to you, they're good. The way they wiped your faces in the dirt last time was no fluke. So if you want your pride back, you better be willing to work. There's nothing glamorous about it. In the pros, we call it blue-collar hockey. Now, there's one thing Varsity does very well. They're vultures around the net. They pick up every piece of loose trash. That's how they beat you. Not with the first shot; the second and the third."

Emma nods in understanding.

"They bang in the junk."

Emma shares a meaningful look with Connie and Julie. She doesn't think that's how Orion was meaning for it to come off.

"Have something to share with the class, Hart?"