The triad

Author's note: Just a fun idea that's been playing in my head. Set early season 7. 3rd person point of view. Enjoy!

Prologue

He ran faster and faster, all the noise around him pounding into his ears. He could hear the two different foot patterns fall against the cost floor, but all in different directions.

'Dang these guys are good.' He thought to himself. 'But then, I'm better'

With another burst of adrenaline, he quickened his pace and tried to distance himself from the oncoming pursuers. One set of footsteps died away, with only one still behind him. He could see the tree line receding and the open highway on the horizon.

'So long suckers.' He thought running out to the road.

He tried to stop the oncoming trucks (Seriously did everyone in east Texas have to own a ford?!) when finally the a lone truck slowed to a stop.

"Thank goodness," he said as the driver got out of the truck,"I thought for sure they were gonna..."

Swish. Thud. Squish. Pain shot through his arm as an arrow pierced it.

'No!' How could he have been so stupid to forget the third one. Shaking he fell to his knees as his strength failed him.

'Poison.' He realized

The dark figure was joined by the other two and the leader made his way forward a daunting silver knife in his hands. The leader placed the knife precariously agains his captive's neck.

"When you get back to hell, tell your boss, the triad says 'hi'. "