I Promise

I was only 4 years old....

~~~~~~~~~

I was rather very shy and distant to other's, but not my mother, my mother was very precious to me..she was the only person I could trust, love, and care for...I never met my father before..but my mother told me that 'he left a present for both of us, inside my mother's belly before he left' she told me once, as her belly grew bigger the past couple of months I was curious as to what this present was...was it a toy? something to remember him or locate him?? But why in my mother's belly? I thought over many times as I saw my mother with such a huge rounded and popped belly, while all the other women I saw had very slim belly's. Who knows...and she has been rather lazy lately..always in her bed, as her skin seemed rather much paler, than it's usual soft very softly pale skin like myself..and her lightly spikey flowing pink hair seemed very damp lately as her bright black eyes lost it's life, but her beautiful, wide, and famous smile was the same...when she saw me she would always give me that smile..but I couldn't, I'm not much of a smiler...'Like my father' she said a couple of times.

She would always say that I was like a miniature him, the 'same hair color' and the same 'cute shyness' or whatever..so I guess I was happy to have some hint's of how my father looked like, so if I see an old man that looks like me, that'd be my father! I would say as I'd hug him so tightly with my small arms, as he hug me back and call me 'his son'...

Since my mother told me that my father left us a present in her belly, she has been in her bed coughing, and strange people with funny looking clothes would come and check on her and our present from my father as they lift up her skirt and place some rounded thing on top of her belly and message her with it...Weirdos..but I always go in her room to talk to her and even sleep with her a couple of times but once I wake up I'm in my room, alone...I don't like being alone..Mommy..

Then suddenly one day, one of those strange weirdo's came to me, while I was studying for the magic academy my mother entered me in..'Just in case..' she said to me when I asked her why. But I like it, I learned some pretty amazing things..and I'm the first in class..my mother has told me many times that she's 'proud of me' as I suddenly feel accomplished afterwards. Well they told me that 'Your mother wants to see you' as that strange lady led me to my mother's room, I'm not a baby, I know where it is...I thought but the lady had a rather serious expression. So I didn't say it. She opened the wooden door. There I saw my mother..sitting up on her bed...while she was holding something in her arms.

"Hey, come meet your new little brother..." She said faintly as she was holding something unknown to me..but my curiosity got the better of me as my eye's wandered closer to my mother. I jumped on to the bed in which she was laying on, to get a better view. Then suddenly "His name is Natsu.." She said after taking a deep breath, which I thought was normal since everyone breaths to live. There I saw him...everything seemed much more radiant, much more wonderful, he was so beautiful...he was sleeping so peacefully in our mother's arms. As he suddenly sprouted out a gentle smile...I was taken at that moment...my heart was overwhelmed with warmth, as my cheeks turned bright red, and my eyes widened brightly. My mother took another deep breath "Will you promise me that you'll protect him...Zeref...?" She said again so quietly as she let her breath out slowly. As I thought yes, that's the word, protect, protect him from evil, dangers, strangers, and anything else that can harm him an any way, as I smiled and caressed his soft little pink hairs and smiled happily. So this is the present my father left...We are a family, We will be together forever....then suddenly my mother's presence felt gone...

It felt as though it was only me and my little brother, Natsu here in this room as the strange weirdo's were in panic, I suddenly felt a sudden realization, My mother has left us, 'she turned into a beautiful angel, but will always be with us in our hearts...' Another one of those weirdo's told me as I held my dear small little brother in my hands, as his eyes were still closed as he giggled a little at me, not knowing that we had become alone, orphans, parent less, and lost. The soft white little blanket that wrapped was around him, the same hair, the same playful attitude...as her..the same disease as her...

Then suddenly 'Will you promise me that you'll protect him..Zeref..?' echoed inside my head..that's right.. I promised my mother..but a tear was already flowing down my cheek? Who care's?! Your the oldest, the strongest, the wisest! I promise you mother, Natsu, I will protect  you, Natsu! I'm going to be the best big brother ever!! I will prove to everyone that, I will keep on living and fighting for our future! I will find a cure for you!! We will be together forever!!

~~~~~~~

(Hmph)I was very stupid back then...but at the same time I was very optimistic and courageous, back then...huh Natsu..?

_____________________

Shall Zeref continue??

COMING SOON CHAPTER 2!!:)

THANKS FOR READING!!><

VOTE! COMMENT! FOR MORE!!XD♥