Half way human

"Oh my god, Estelle! No way!" My best friends, Bren and Cassie exclaimed. I laughed. "What about? Me shoplifting or what the store manager said?" I joked. "You what?" My twin sister, Reina asked as she walked up to her locker. "Are you really going to do it?" Cassie asked, ignoring Reina. "The guy didn't call the cops! Of course I'm going to do it, I pretty much owe him my life!" I replied. it was true the manager had caught me stealing and he hadn't reported me. Under one condition... "But why would you agree to assault an animal?!" Bren exclaimed. Excuse her. She's an animal freak. "Good God Bren! Don't say it like that!" Cassie murmured. I shook my head. "Look, all I have to do is get some stupid tiger DNA! That includes hair, blood and other things, right?" They shrugged. "Will someone PLEASE explain to me is going on here?!" my twin asked. I looked at her, rolled my eyes and said "No."

"Yes Ms. Martinez?" the science teacher, Mr. Talley, called on me. "Um, this is slightly off topic but why would white tiger DNA be important?" His eyes widened. "Well Estelle that's a very interesting question. Why do you ask?" I closed my eyes for a second. "Well a friend of mine was caught shoplifting but the manager didn't call the police in exchange for some tiger DNA." I replied. He raised his eyebrows and smiled knowingly at me. "I suggest you tell your friend that that is a horrible idea." then he turned around to start teaching again, but before he could I continued. "But Sir, why not? I mean it's going to take a lot more than that to stop her! I need reasons! Why shouldn't she do it, why would he ask her to and finally, if she does end up doing it, how would she do it?" He sighed. "I'm not going to be able to keep teaching what's on the board am I?" The entire class shook heir heads no. I looked back at him sheepishly. He sighed again, turned off the SmartBoard, pulled a chair to the front of the room and sat down. "Well I don't know why he would want tiger DNA unless it was white tiger DNA. Did your friend say that?" I nodded. "Well, since white tigers are unique and beautiful creatures, it is very possible that the man simply wanted the DNA to study. Maybe he was one of the few people who think their magic! I don't know! As for why your friend shouldn't do it? Well she was caught shoplifting, so I imagine she would want to keep her head down. Although I can understand that the manager would probably then call the police..." He pondered it for a second. "Why can't you just tell your friend to go to the zoo and ask them for tiger DNA? Tell them it's for school! Here!" He jumped up and ran to his desk. He filled out a sheet of paper and handed it to me. "Give this to your friend, and tell them to leave right before lunch so they can make it to the zoo in time." I nodded. Best. Teacher. Ever! "This is why your my favorite teacher."