Chan x Jisung - Pitter-Patter

[Breaking the theme, too lazy rn. Enjoy 5.6k words of Jisung skimping for Chan and his boyfriendness]

The pitter-patter of his pencil kept Jisung's mind in a trance, staring blankly at his overwhelmingly important textbook as he pretended to be indulged in the riveting content of written Latin.

He chose to ignore—try to ignore—the looming presence that he felt sauntered behind him. His eyes flickered between the words he had no understanding of, biting down on his lip as the pitter-patter of his pencil grew in speed, footsteps heavy against his eardrums.

The small breeze hitting his neck was cut off by a figure peering over his head. Two large arms wrapped themselves around Jisung, gripping the flimsy college dorm desk and caging him in the familiar smell of his roommate.

The man he'd been crushing on since he graduated—well, there could also be a chance it was before then as well, but none of it matters.

Pitter-patter was still bumping against the wood in a beat he didn't know, his leg beginning to bounce as he licked his lips.

Focus, he mumbled to himself, ignore Chan. He doesn't matter; Latin matters. Focus, focus. He repeated the mantra in his head, unaware of the small, almost cat-like noises he let out every few seconds.

"What're you reading?" A familiar, pretty voice asked, hot breath teasing against Jisung's flushed neck.

He jumped, his back hitting his roomate's chest as flush scattered across his face.

"Ah, I'm sorry, uh." He licked his lips and tried not to look at the bare, muscular arms that seemed to grip the table harder at his fumbling.

He eventually managed to get out the language of the scripture, enticing a hum from Chan, who still hadn't moved even after the effect of jump-scaring him succeeded.

"I didn't know you knew Latin." His voice was heavenly in Jisung's ear, his breath pushing the field of what he should be allowing his crush to do, who he deemed to be way out of his league, and getting into butterfly territory.

Why were such simple words so attractive? Chan could probably say the worst thing, and he'd look at him and nod, smiling like an idiot.

He was an idiot, after all. "I, uh, I don't. Not really, no. I need it for class, though."

"Why?"

Was it just him, or did Chan lean closer to him? "Well, for the bodia—an atomony class—I need to know a bunch of words in Latin so I get points. And the more points I get, the more options I have for prizes, and it'll get me in a good stance with the teacher if, on the first day of his class, I'm able to speak a bit with him.

"Plus, I'll get prizes, like maybe gift cards that I can use for cute clothes or dolls."

"You excited?" It was a whisper. Such a small, hushy noise that still sent a shiver down his spine, making his leg stagnant and his heart rate spike. The pitter-patter was barely audible.

Yes, he was extremely excited for the second semester to begin, ready to get to all his classes and get back onto his doctoral degree. His plans and hopes to become a doctor were getting even more real every single day, making his dream of proving his dad wrong come true step by step. If only he could get the pronunciation down.