Rumours

Today Susie wore a black skirt with a long steeved light pastel pink T-shirt, pictures of the Powerpuff Girls on the sleeves. They went in a line down the sleeve separately starting with Blossom at the shoulder, Buttercup in the middle, then Bubbles by the end of the sleeve.

She was wearing black leggings with thin horizontal pink stripes spread out from each other by 7 inches, white socks, and her Hello Kitty sneakers.

Mrs. Sweets smiled brightly seeing Susie walking up to the classroom with her mother again. Susie kissed and hugged her mom goodbye, smiled, and ran up to her teacher. She said good morning before trotting to her new seat next to Ciara.

She took a glance at Julie as she walked by. The blonde girl was on her tomogachi again, and had a ponytail in her hair. She wore a grey wool sweater and a pair of blue jeans that fanned out wider toward the ankles. Susie had just noticed that she had on a pair of sneakers similar to hers, only Julie's was styled like another Sanrio character: Cinnamoroll.

Susie wondered if she liked some of the same things she did. She wanted to talk to Julie but decided against it remembering that Julie wasn't the easiest to get along with.

Susie didn't want to upset her so she just admired from afar.

As the day went by Susie learned new amazing things. They reviewed numbers 1-20 and the alphabet to check the kid's levels with the basics, then taught them five new words to spell; Cat, Yell, Fan, March, and Ear. Susie's favourite word was cat, she liked animals and particularly enjoyed cats as the soft adorable little felines they were.

Lunch rolled around and they formed a straight line, heading to the cafeteria. The food wasn't as good as Susie's mom's cooking, but it wasn't bad she thought. She actually kind of liked the small hamburgers, and she was ecstatic that she could have chocolate or white milk every day.

Recess was strange to her, Susie didn't know free time to play outside and on the wooden playground was a thing in school. She liked the idea though, and wasted no time playing tag and chasing around the place with Teila, Ciara, and Sarah.

Susie and the girls sat under one of the play structures, the one with less kids playing on it. As they talked, Sarah caught her attention, "that girl Julie is weird. She doesn't talk to anybody, I bet she has stinky breath. I wouldn't want to be friends with her."

To Susie's surprise Ciara and Teila nodded and shrugged. "Maybe she picks her boogers and eats them, " Ciara wiggled her fingers in a spooky gesture, earning wrinkled noses and ews from the other two.

Susie stood up, "how do you know? I don't think she has stinky breath or eats boogers. She's probably just shy!" She stamped her foot poutingly. Sarah looked at her confused, why was she defending a random girl she doesn't know? Julie doesn't have any friends and she's not easy to be friends with.

Sarah sighed, "maybe you have stinky teeth and eat boogers too then." Ciara and Teila looked at her, "okay, stop being mean now," Ciara furrowed her brows.

Susie was mad at Sarah at the moment, so she walked off somewhere else. While she drew a cat face in the snow, a shadow loomed over her from behind. Looking up and over her shoulder, she undoubtedly recognised the blond ponytail and light grey sweater underneath the girl's sky-blue jacket.

Julie crouched next to Susie, her expressionless face looking, analysing Susie's drawings, "you're a good drawer, I wish I could draw cats like that." She said flatly. Susie felt her face get hot and adrenaline rush, she was embarrassed by the compliment and that it was only the second day and Julie was already speaking to her.

"Th-thank you..., " Susie mumbled. She side-eyed Julie, watching her reactions and trying to get any feedback as she finished drawing the cats. Julie blinked slow for a second, then a tiny smile tugged at the corner of her mouth," they look like friends."

Susie looked down at the cats and noticed they did in fact look like friends. They were playing with a ball and had big smiles, the two cats happy and having fun. She wanted to ask Julie to be her friend, but she didn't want to assume that Julie liked her at all or wanted to befriend her just because they spoke once.

But the urge was too strong, she did it anyway, "hey um... Julie? "

The blonde girl looked at her, Julie's Hazel-brown and green eyes waiting for Susie's question. Susie took a deep breath," would you-"

"Yes."

Susie paused and looked at her with wide baby blues, "yes? "

Julie nodded, "I'll be your friend. But if you be mean at all we aren't friends anymore, you got that? " Susie's eyes seemed to light up with joy because Julie smiled a little more after seeing the pure and lovable excitement on Susie's face.

     Susie learned a few things about Julie. She didn't smile much, she lived only with her father, and she liked Sanrio and Sega. She also liked Dino nuggies, which Susie could not deny how much she agreed with Julie. In no time they were engulfed in conversation and even laughed with each other a little bit here and there.

     Julie was unlike anyone else that Susie had ever met. Sure, she was in kindergarten, but as far as she knew Julie was the coolest person ever.

     The teacher eventually called them back in for class, leading the group of kids to their classroom. Susie grabbed her stuff from her desk and skedaddled over to the table where Julie sat alone.

     On her way there the girls she'd been with looked at her questioningly, "Susie, where are you going?" Sarah asked, obviously a bit bothered by Susie moving. Susie smiled shyly, "I'm going to sit with Julie." and with that she skipped over to the table.

     Sarah furrowed her brows in annoyance at Susie and her sudden switch up. What's so good about Julie? She was mean, she didn't like anyone and for some reason Susie was an exception? Her jealousy stained her mind, whether it's jealous of Susie for being able to befriend Julie or of Julie for stealing Susie so quickly she had no idea. All Sarah knew is that she was jealous.