𖦹˚ ༘⋆ fι᥎ᥱ ᵎᵎ

—ACT FIVE ; Vero Sé

ACT FIVE ; Vero Sé

⋆⋅ 𖦹 ⋅⋆
   ╰┈➤ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 was a hazy blur as consciousness slowly returned to her. The soft rustling of fabric, the faint scent of familiar surroundings—it all gradually coalesced into a sense of reality.

Blinking her eyes open, the woman found herself lying on a bed, bathed in gentle moonlight that filtered through the curtains.

As her senses cleared, she realized she wasn't alone. A figure sat nearby, head bowed, with his fingers intertwined in what appeared to be a state of deep contemplation. With a quiet exhale, she shifted slightly, drawing the magician's attention.

Lyney's gaze lifted from his folded hands, and he met hers with an intensity that seemed to pierce through the haze around her. Concern, relief, and something else she couldn't quite decipher, danced within those eyes of his. She offered a faint smile, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm sorry for ruining our date..."

The magician's expression softened, and he brought the borrowed chair in closer, resting a gentle hand on her own.

"Don't worry about that," he spoke with care, "I'm just glad you're awake now."

"So, you brought me to my hotel room?"

His lips curled into a sheepish grin, a faint blush dusting his cheeks. "Yeah, I figured since you're not a local that you'd be staying here."

Memories of their interrupted date flickered through her mind, and she moved the covers, wincing slightly at the discomfort.

"It's not too late," she began again, adjusting the pillows to prop herself up. The woman looked at him with a hopeful glint in her eye, "We could continue where we left off—"

Lyney sat up a little straighter, interrupting her sentence. "No, I can see that you are still sick, just rest until you've gotten better—we can always go another time."