Part One

His name is Dameon.

But his secret wasn't what I was expecting. He was too careless about keeping it, and I found out fairly quickly.

Okay, maaaybe it took me a few years. But! The fact I found out was insane nonetheless.

He's supposed to be intelligent. He was not.

My name is Lily, and here's how it all started.

-~-~-~

We first became roommates in our first year of college. I was planning to be a therapist, and him, a doctor. We kind of fit into the same category, and ended up having a few classes together. We were introduced, and he was kind.

When people forgot my birthday, he took me to a café. When my mother's death day came around, he stuck around all day and gave me flowers to place on her grave. He gave me space in my time of grief while I was there.

When the school work became unbearable, and I broke down, he helped me through it. Step by step. He was there for me, and has been for the past three years.

But then, just last month, I figured out why some things about him were, well, strange in the least.

He had always been the psychic kind of person, believing in some sort of foreign religion I knew nothing about. Wearing black and blood red shades on his clothing. Had deathly pale skin. Came back late at night and had the most unsettling eyes. His pupils were slightly slitted  sideways. Like a goat's, but less noticeable.

He had a tendency to mutter under his breath in another language, and said he was a foreign student.

I believed him.

Technically, it wasn't a lie. But it wasn't a whole truth.

We had gotten closer, had become friends, even. He helped keep the dorm clean and never made a fuss. Payed his part of the rent, was, well, the ideal roommate I guess. It's just...so surprising.

For who, or, what, he is, he was civil. Never one to be harsh or rude. He's the best roommate I've ever had.

But, he's, well.

How do I say it?

Demonic?

No.

That doesn't even begin-

He's just-

DAMN IT HES THE DEVIL!

Alright?

The fucking devil, is my roommate. He's been kind, generous, understanding, helped me with my relationship and coming out to the remaining family I had!

He's never been cruel to me. He's like Karma, and helped the bullied and abused for pete's sake!

How could he be evil?

The devil, isn't he supposed to be the worst being to exist?

Then why?

Is he, so much- so, so much kinder.

Than so many others?