|Runaway|Ch 1|page 2|

Marceline leaves from her dad's off and heads back to the kitchen

Marceline/ ...He said he'll be down in a minute he gotta finish some things..

Mom/Loraine/ Why do you sound so sad? Let me guess, he yelled at you slightly, and now you're in your feelings. You know, when you get a job, you're gonna have to deal with it. You can't just get sad all the time. Your boss will dismiss you like your father did a minute ago, so deal with it.

Marceline/...Can we please just eat..

Mom/Loraine/ Of course we can, but I think you should take my advice to mind that you'll need one day to become a successful businesswoman.

Dad comes out of his office and doesn't greet or apologize to Marceline for yelling he just sits down like nothing happened.

Mom/Loraine/ Oh hello dear, how was your Zoom meeting? Did it go well? Oh, I hope it did dear tell me all about it! But first, let me fix your plate.

Loraine fixes her husband's plate first, and then Marcelines plate, then hers

Mom/Loraine/ Ok dear, so how did the meeting go? Was it good?

Dad/ ricky/ Dear It went well. The company is growing bigger and bigger every day, but the money is going down a bit.

Mom/Loraine/ Well, that's great, dear.

Marceline plays with her food a bit bored cause they're talking about work trying to remember when work didn't matter to her dad, not hearing her Loraine call her name.

Mom/Loraine/ MARCELINE I know you can hear me?!

Marceline/ *snaps out of trance* hmm yea mom what is it?

Mom/Loraine/ I was calling your name. You need to focus and listen. If you want a job one day, you'll have to listen and focus.

Marceline/....

Mom/Loraine/ Hello, can you hear me? Well, let me say it again.

Dad/ ricky/ Marceline, listen to your mother she is telling the truth. You should listen and take her advice.

Marceline/ NO IM AM FUCKING TIRED OF YALL TALKING ABOUT MY LIFE WHO SAID I WANT TO BE A BUSINESS WOMAN NOT ME I DIDNT AGREE TO THAT I WANNA BE A PAINTER REMEMBER WHEN YALL SAID I COULD BE ANYTHING I WANT UNLESS I PUT MY MIND TO IT WHAT HAPPEND TO THAT HUH?!

Mom/Loraine/ YOUNG LADY WATCH YOUR MOU-

Dad/ ricky/ THATS IT YOUNG LADY IVE HAD IT WITH YOU YOU'VE BEEN DISRESPECTFUL FOR WAY IT DAMN LONG AND WATCH YOUR MOUTH IM TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT NOW EAT DINNER AND SOME BEING DISRESPECTFUL!?

Marceline/ FUCK THIS SHIT *gets up from table and storms off to room*

Mom/Loraine/ YOUNG LADY YOU ARE GROUNDED!

Marceline in her room

Marceline is crying in her pillow thinking where did all the time go what happened to her mother and father did something bad happen that she doesn't know?

Marceline/ W-Why the fuck they always talk about my life they always try to control me like I'm tired of everything
*cries screaming in her pillow*

I'm tired of the bullshit *takes head outta pillow and gets up from bed and puts on sweat pants and t-shirt*

I'm not finna deal with they're shit no more I'm leaving and never  coming back *opens window and climbs through tree struggling to get down*

S-Shit *Jumps down from tree*
Well that's one way to start a adventure
Oh well *walks into the woods behind the house* Mom and dad should be sleep or discussing my episode *mumbles under breath* well it's they're fault it the first place *turns around and looks at the house for the last time* well I guess this is goodbye *turns back around and Jumps fence going into the woods.

A few minutes later, in the woods,

(This is what the woods look like)

Marceline/ Why the hell is it so wet here and so calm but scary... maybe I should turn back... No, I'm  not turning back. I've come way too far to turn back now,

* Hears something in the distance*

What the fuck was that?!

*The sound gets closer and closer*

Oh hell no

Marceline starts to run as fast as she can thinking someone or something was following her as she was running she ran into a cave trying to get away from that thing as she enters the cave she walks through it a bit and reaches the end of the portal and sees this

What even is that thing? Marceline says in confusion as she walks up to it she touches it for a second...

And then

POOF A PORTAL WAS OPENED

Marceline was shaken. She didn't know what to do should she enter. She hesitated for a minute but finally made up her mind and walked through, not knowing where it will lead her to

(Helloooo, everyone , for reading, this is page 2 of Runaway, but page 3 will be out soon!)