"Honey, I'm home!" : Aemond Targaryen x OC (AU)

Writer's Note: Hello! This flash fiction is again different from the other fics here, but I just want to share it here. This post mentions death that may trigger emotions. Be guided.

When I married Aemond, I vowed to him that he shall always embody the man I've always wanted as I did before that

When I married Aemond, I vowed to him that he shall always embody the man I've always wanted as I did before that. Our life together in matrimony was full of bliss and unrelenting love and devotion for one another.

It was August 4 when I received the call. A call thought to be relief, turned out to be grief. My husband's life was on the line. Aemond's heart was beating but wasn't pumping blood, if not for the medicine they injected just to keep him from moving out of the light.

I called all my sisters to give their heart and solidarity for me for losing him was never an intention.

"He's gone?! Daemon!" The walls will know who I cried for that wee morning. Hysterical and full of endless hope that he'll live. "Daemon! Guard his side, don't leave him alone. Aemond! I'm coming, please hold on!"

Aemond gave me everything be owned and supported me with all his will. The house knows that. They have witnessed he had broken nearly all his bones and strained every muscle for me.

Soon, I arrived at the hospital in nothing but my robe on. I didn't care to dress gently and appropriately. All I wanted was for Aemond to come back home.

"Aemond?" My voice in a trembling roar. My sisters consoled me. I watched the nurse tried to revive my husband with a manual ventilator near his mouth. The sound it makes as it delivers oxygen to his lungs.

"Aemond! What happened? Aemond, I'm here. Fea will board the bus later."

Fea disassociated when I called her on the phone announcing that they are reviving her dad. How is Aemond going to walk his daughter on the stage knowing that he will no longer?

"Aemond," I held his hand. "Aemond, Fea wanted you to join us on stage for her graduation."

The nurse called another. I was told that they have been reviving my husband for what seemed hours. I was asked to step back. Fine straight lines were received from that endless revival.

"Aemond! Fea will be here soon. She misses you so much. Forgive me for my miscommunication, and Fea's stubbornness. Sorry, Aemond!"

Aemond just waited for me before he stepped out of life.

His hand was cold. I thought I would only look men carrying a dead body to the morgue in films. Never once did I imagine my husband would be that body.

When it was time to bring the body back into the house. O' Death proved to be the ugly one. The cross-stitches no longer hang on the walls. The couch that leaned comfortably was moved. The tables and chairs were pushed. All these familiarity that settled and stayed through thick and thin for 15 years were gone for a whole week of mourning. Even after we buried Aemond, I can't apprehend the fact that there will be firsts in the house that saw him for 18 years. First Christmas without him. First New Year's without him. First Valentine's without him. Even his birthday and our anniversary would be firsts without him.

Aemond still resides in my mind though I continue to move forward. After I got home from work, as I habit, I shouted to the house, "Aemond! I'm home!"

"I'm in the kitchen, darling."

The End

-dame lancaster