Chapter 3 The Letters from No One.

Third Person POV

The escape of the snake earned Harry and Evan their longest punishment ever. By the time both of them got out of their rooms, the summer holidays had already started.

Dudley had already broken his new video camera, crashed his remote control airplane, and, first timeout on his racing bike, knocked down old Mrs. Figg as she crossed Privet Drive on her crutches.

Of course, he didn't apologize to Mrs. Figg, but Evan did it for him. Mrs. Figg was so pleased that she gave Evan 50 pounds for being responsible for no reason. The twins were glad school was over, and Evan began trying out new recipes yeah a cooking nerd. Whereas for Harry, there was no escaping Dudley's gang, who visited the house every single day.

Piers, Dennis, Malcolm, and Gordon were all big and stupid, but Dudley was the biggest and most ridiculous of all, which made him automatically the leader. They used to bully Harry but thanks to Evan they backed out not wanting to mess with him.

Harry didn't want to trouble his brother so much and did not want to get bullied, so he used to spend as much time as possible out of the house, wandering around and thinking about the end of the holidays, when he could see a tiny ray of hope.

When September came the twins would be going off to secondary school and, for the first time in their life, they wouldn't be with Dudley. Dudley had been accepted at Uncle Vernon's old school, Smeltings. Piers was going there too. Harry and Evan, on the other hand, were going to Stonewall High, the local public school.

One day, Aunt Petunia took Dudley to London to buy his Smeltings uniform, leaving Harry and Evan at Mrs. Figg's. Mrs. Figg wasn't as bad as usual. It turned out she'd broken her leg tripping over one of her cats, and she didn't seem quite as fond of them as before. She let Harry watch television and let Evan use the kitchen as much as he wanted.

That evening, Dudley paraded around the living room for the family in his brand-new uniform. As Uncle Vernon looked at Dudley in his new uniform, he said gruffly that it was the proudest moment of his life. Aunt Petunia burst into tears and said she couldn't believe it was her Ickle Dudleykins, who looked so handsome and grown-up.

Evan and Harry kept their mouths shut for their dear lives. They almost burst out laughing cause Dudley looked like a grandpa who was about to go on a date.

There was a horrible smell in the kitchen the next morning. The twins almost puked. It seemed to be coming from a large metal tub in the sink. He went to have a look. The tub was full of what looked like dirty rags swimming in gray water.

"What's that?" Harry asked Aunt Petunia.

"New school uniform," she said.

Harry and Evan looked in the bowl again.

"Oh," Evan said, "I didn't realize it had to be so wet."

(A/n: That's what she said.)

"Don't be stupid," snapped Aunt Petunia. "I'm just dyeing some of Dudley's old clothes gray for you. It'll look just like everyone else's when I've finished."

Evan and Harry to a wise decision not to argue. Harry sat down at the table while Evan was cooking breakfast. They tried their best not to think about how they were going to look on his first day at school.

Dudley and Uncle Vernon came in, both with wrinkled noses because of the smell of Harry's new uniform. Uncle Vernon opened his newspaper as usual and Dudley banged his Smelting stick on the table, which he carried everywhere. Then I heard the click of the mail slot and the flop of letters on the doormat.

"Get the mail, Dudley," said Uncle Vernon from behind his paper.

"Make Evan get it."

"Get the mail, Evan."