Characters Of Importance

Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was an enigma of a human being.

She was shy and bashful, really kept herself to herself, you know? Every day, she would go to school with her best friend Alya, and learn about fashion, a subject which was deeply tied to her dream job as a fashion designer.

She had numerous friends despite her introverted nature: Nino, Kagami, Zoe, and Juleka, all of which were people who would frequently aid her in times of need.

She had an iconic look of light pink ballet flats and pink rolled-up jeans with a white, flower-patterned t-shirt and a dark grey blazer, making her instantly recognizable to anyone who knew her. Her ebony-blue hair was always pulled back in pigtails, to never get in her eyes whilst working. All things considered, she was pretty standard as teens go.

Except for one thing.

She always wore two black sports earrings along with her attire. It would seem perfectly normal to an outside observer. But those earrings held a deep secret. Because those earrings were not earrings; they were Miraculous. Ancient jewels which allowed the user to control the fundamental forces of nature and humanity. Each Miraculous also had a kwami, an ancient and magical spirit which possessed the powers previously mentioned. Marinette's kwami was called Tikki. Tikki was the kwami of creation. Whenever Marinette said the phrase, "Spots on!", Tikki would inhibit the earrings, and channel the powers of creation into Marinette, transforming her into the magical heroine Ladybug.

Ladybug was the complete opposite of Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Whereas Marinette was shy, Ladybug was confident. Whereas Marinette was anxious, Ladybug was headstrong. Whereas Marinette had a plan for the future set in stone, Ladybug was constantly adapting, never afraid to change her plans on the fly. They were complete opposites.

Almost. There was one aspect of their lives that they had in common.

They were both in love.

Marinette had been in love for a long time. For the longest time had treated it like a big secret, even though everyone knew about it. Everyone except Adrien Agreste, the son of famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, and ironically the subject of her affection. She had fallen hard for the young Agreste, fantasizing about the two of them in an only slightly creepy manner and talking to all of her friends about it. Knowing Marinette to be as shy as she was, they had taken it upon themselves to play matchmaker and speed up the process. It shouldn't have worked, and yet it did. Recently, the two had started dating, confirming their love for each other and becoming closer as a couple.

Adrien Agreste.

Adrien Agreste wasn't much simpler.

He was outwardly confident and was never afraid to try new things with new people. He had been homeschooled the majority of his life but had started attending public school a year prior. Every day he would attend the school, greeting his friends Nino, Kim and one Marinette Dupain-Cheng, remaining blissfully unaware of her feelings for him. He learned a broad spectrum of subjects since he was a model for the Agreste family brand, leaving him unsure about his future.

His iconic face made him stand out in public as is, but there was no mistaking his iconic attire of orange sneakers, blue jeans, a white button-down jacket and a black t-shirt with yellow, brown, bright green, navy blue and purple stripes on it. His blonde hair was swept to his right and would sometimes wave in the wind (even if there wasn't any). Again, just like Marinette, pretty standard as teens go.

And again, he had a deep secret.

He wore a silver ring on his right index finger. This ring was a Miraculous, however, where Marinette's was the Miraculous of Creation, his was the Miraculous of Destruction. Whenever Adrien said the phrase, "Claws out!", Plagg, the kwami of destruction, would inhibit the ring and transform Adrien into Cat Noir, the dashing, daredevilish feline hero and ally of Ladybugs.