me.

August 13, 2023

        Today was the first day of high school. I have the worst teachers to be honest, but my basketball team is great! Lot's of new people and I am excited about friends and potentially boyfriends? I think I am finally ready to fall in love and have romance with a boy. I mean, maybe it's just my friends from my old school convincing me I do. My mom has been moody lately and it's been pretty upsetting. She never has had mood swings like this, hitting my older bother and yelling at my two younger sisters for no fucking reason. I have been the one stepping up, because my older brother is scrawny and scared of everything. I am basically the older "brother" that my sisters need, since my dad had been fed up with mom's shit. I'll get back to this diary tomorrow, because I need my sleep. It is 10:30 pm after all.

    August 14, 2023

        I met someone today! Her name is Valerie and she is really nice. I love her art talent after seeing her sketches in my math class. (She sits next to me) She has amazing hair, nice and wavy and we always say hi to each other in the halls even if she makes fun of me for doing everything last minute. She also has class with me in biology and english. I can't help but think about how she is such a good friend, even though she doesn't have any? Which is confusing because she is amazing. When I got home I immediately go on my phone searching up her name on twitter. I found her eventually and reached out to her.

___________________________________________

                Raven: Hi! Just reaching out, we have a couple classes together at school?

                                    Valerie: Oh! Hi, Raven. Didn't know you had twitter. :)

                Raven: I don't post but I like to text my friends on here! Anyway, how is life?
                    read 4:18pm

___________________________________________

        Valeries Diary

    August 14, 2023

        This afternoon, Raven texted me. I don't think she knows about me, I guess she is new to this school. I don't know if she will want to be my friend after I tell her I am a lesbian. I don't think she will be homophobic about it. I just think she will know I have fallen in love with her after she complimented my sketches. I don't know how to respond to "How's life" Because I just told my parents I was straight after them almost kicking me out for being a homosexual. It is not fucking fair. I lost every one of my friends because I outed myself. I don't know, I think she might like me back. After all, she is a very masculine girl and I have high hopes about our relationship.

    August 15, 2023

        Today, was... well, sad. Me and Raven barely talked because we didn't get to sit next to each other in ANY classes. The only time we could talk was at lunch. She has made a lot of friends but decided to sit with me. She also figured out I was gay and was surprisingly supportive and kind. She said she didn't think about her sexual orientation until just now. I didn't know she was confused because of me. "Did I just mess up?" I ask myself trying to deny it. Maybe she likes me back.

________________________________________________

        Ravens Diary

    August 16, 2023

        I think I might be gay.

        Usually I don't think about this kind of stuff but I have been thinking about this. Deeply. Me and Valerie have been talking and when I looked at my old writings I saw the part I wrote about her beautiful hair. She gives me butterflies each time I see her and her hair has a beautiful smell. OH MY SORRY THAT WAS WEIRD. I have never felt this before with anyone and I did notice it when I met her but never thought about it this deep. What do I do now? Tell my mom? Even if I don't know yet for sure? I am just going to wait and see what comes further.

August 19, 2023

Sorry about not writing for a couple days, I think I've been having a full on gay-crisis. But everyone is being really homophobic to Valerie, especially our classmates.  I see her getting made fun of all the time and I can't stand up for her because I will also lose my friends like she did. I feel really bad but I am not tough enough for that. I hate myself for not taking care of her. She needs it. She wants it too, but she's denying it completely! I wish her the best, but she is taking herself and digging a hole. I can't do this anymore. I need to help her.