Not Much To Be Thankful For

It's a little after 12, I wait outside on the porch waiting for Kai to appear out of thin air like he usually does.

He finally gets here after making me check the time several times.

"Hey." He says standing over me, smiling.

"What took you so long? You literally live next door." I got up and pushed him back slightly.

"Sorry, I overslept. Couldn't sleep much last night."

I laughed a little, "What, do you have night terrors or something?"

"Or something..." He mumbled, thinking I didn't hear, but I did. I know he doesn't know me that well and I didn't wanna pry but I'm so nosy!

"You wanna...talk about it?" I asked hesitantly.

Instead of answering he grabbed me by my arm and ushered me to the passenger seat of his car. He got in and started driving.

***

"Where are we going?"

"Disneyland." He deadpanned. I dry laughed at his smart remark and plugged his aux cord into my phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Since you won't tell me where we're going, the least you could do is let me play my music." I said in a 'matter-of-fact' voice.

"Okay, just nothing depressing."

"Just because I am depressed doesn't mean I listen to depressing music." I started playing my most played songs because those happened to be my favorite.

>>

"Are we there yet? I'm running out of songs I actually wanna hear right now!"

Kai laughed and stopped at a red light. He looked over at me but didn't say anything.

"I'm taking you shopping." 

"Uhm. Why?" I was actually confused because which guy actually likes going shopping with a girl, a girl that's been super bitchy to them as well.

"It's your first 'Alexander Henderson' party here, you should show up in something that no one's seen you in before; And you can get some more clothes if you want." The light turned green and he started driving again.

"Wait a minute, are you paying?"

"No, I thought you were." He smiled slightly, I kissed my teeth and started playing music from another playlist I forgot about.

***

"How do I look?" I stepped out of the dressing room and gave Kai a twirl.

He took his head out of his phone and looked up at me. His eyes looking up and down my body. Three years ago, I would've I felt the need to cover up, but now I feel the need to strip. However, I won't. Only because we're in public, of course.

"You look hot," he cleared his throat, "in a non-creepy way, of course."

"Of course," I said mocking him. He chuckled a little and walked towards me. I kinda got nervous, personally, if I were him, I would've started making out with me ASAP, but Kai sucks.

"So, do you like the dress?"

I turned to face the mirror behind me, looking over my body and the dress, balancing the things I liked and didn't like in my head.