"And did you know that all the energy is stored in scream cans and then they get sent all around the world!" Nini exclaimed to Miss Graves who sighed at the 7 year old's enthusiasm.

"Yes Nini, I know."

"Are we almost there? I wanna go see the scare floor!" The girl said dramatically, clearly in a world of her own, thoughts whizzing and scuttling around her brain, everything was interesting to her.

"I'm not sure Nini, but hey I'm sure if you look out the window then we'll be there in under 10 minutes", Miss Graves replied, a massive grin plastered all over her face, causing Nini to smile as well before turning to look out the window, seeing greenery and other cars flashing by as the school bus screeched along the road.

"1...2-"

"In your head please Nini."

"Okay!"

Fortunately for Miss Graves the bus slowly came to a shaky halt in the parking lot. Once the bus completely stopped she stood up. "Okay guys, remember we're at a place where people are working, meaning that we all have to be quiet and sensible. Make sure to always have good manners, please and thank you. When we get to the entrance I'm going to give you a name tag that has your name and the school's phone number, so you should be all okay. Right I think that's everything. C'mon now."

As Miss Graves finished her speech Nini got up and headed to the door but was bombarded by other kids and was pushed near the driver, Joe and got distracted by his crossword puzzle.

Miss Graves counted the kids realizing she was one short. "Wha- who's missing?" She suddenly looked down and saw that Nini, who usually was glued to her side was absent. "Where's Nini everyone?" She called out. Most of the children were running around and laughing, and the ones who were listening just shrugged with blank expressions.

Just as if on cue the doors to the bus opened and out hopped Nini. "Thanks Joe! Good luck on finishing your crossword!"

Miss Graves rolled her eyes. "Nini, remember to stay focused on where everyone else is," she lectured. She walked to where everyone else was.

Nini started talking to herself, a habit she had developed as she had no one else to talk to. "Guess what I found on the bus, a nickel!" She cried, in awe as she brought the small silver coin up to her wide eyes. "I wish I had pockets though", she dismayed.

"Okay, gather round everyone!" Once the kids ran in and crowded around her she continued. "So, incase anything happens and for counting purposes I want everyone to get into pairs, everyone choose your field trip buddy."

The second she finished all the children went to go find their friends and somehow Nini caught up in the rush, pleading multiple people to go with her.

"Hey Jeremy, you and me?" She asked, but when he was too busy being caught up with being asked Nini took it as a sign that he was unavailable. "Okay, no biggie."