Don't Worry About It

Shuhua rolled over in the cold, empty bed. She murmured her lover's name, grabbing onto nothing. She opened her eyes and was met with the other side of the bed unoccupied. Shuhua pulled the blanket over her head and curled up into a little ball. So Soojin actually slept on the couch last night?

A tear fell onto the white sheets, but she quickly wiped it away. Shuhua sat up, and rubbed her eyes, looking back at the empty space next to her. She did.

She got out of bed and walked into the living room to look for her. "Jin-ah!" Shuhua shouted, panicking when she didn't see Soojin in the living room or the kitchen.

"Right here!" Soojin called from the bathroom. The door was open, so Shuhua thought that she could come in. The younger watched patiently as Soojin put on makeup.

"Why didn't you sleep with me last night?" Shuhua dared ask.

"I just didn't," Soojin shrugged, not even sparing her a glance.

"But you know I don't like sleeping by myself," Shuhua frowned.

"Can't you just drop it, Shu? It's in the past." Soojin popped her lipstick cap off and applied some, apparently getting ready to go somewhere.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah."

How early did she wake up? Shuhua wondered, she tapped on Soojin's phone that was laying on the bathroom counter and discovered that it was only 9:00am. "Are you okay?" Shuhua suddenly asked.

"I told you, I'm fine," Soojin responded, checking her outfit before grabbing her purse and heading out to the door.

"Then why do you look so awful?" Shuhua trailed after her, worried.

"Bye, Shuhua."

"Where are you going?" Shuhua didn't even finish her sentence before the door was shut in her face.

Why is she like this? I know she's sick. Shuhua rushed to the bathroom to brush her hair and change into outside clothes. I'm going to follow her.

Shuhua follows Soojin around town, confused about everything she's doing.

Who's she buying flowers for?

Why is she at Miyeon's house?

Why did she come out of Miyeon's house with a box?

What's in the box?

Why is she buying chocolates?

Who is she buying chocolates for??

Shuhua saw Soojin heading into a fancy building, and was convinced that she was going there to have a date with someone, and was cheating on her. So maybe that's why she was being so mean to me. Shuhua's shoulders sagged. Whatever... I'm going home...

~ later ~

Soojin came back much later, and Shuhua looked up at her from where she was playing a videogame on the couch.

"Shushu," Soojin murmured, coming closer to the couch. Shuhua looked back at her game angrily, knowing that she was being cheated on. She hated how she still loved Soojin. "I have something to tell y–" Soojin was cut off by a sneeze, giving Shuhua a chance to speak.

"You don't have to tell me, I already know. You're seeing someone else and want to break up with me—"

"What??" Soojin said, recovering from her sneeze. "That's not true!" She handed Shuhua the chocolate and flowers that Shuhua had witnessed her buy.

Shuhua was shocked. But she still had some unanswered questions. "Then why didn't you sleep with me last night?"

Soojin scratched the back of her head with embarrassment. "I have a cold, and I don't want you to catch it."

"And also the fancy building?? And the box??"

Soojin furrowed her brow. "Shuhua, were you spying on me?"

Shuhua closed her eyes shamefully. She gave a small nod.

Soojin sighed, knowing that Shuhua got jealous and worried very easily. She should have predicted this. "The fancy building was the doctor's office, and I went to Miyeon's house so that she can give me a late birthday present since she couldn't afford it earlier."

Shuhua frowned. "I'm sorry."

Soojin opened the chocolate box and popped one into Shuhua's mouth before hugging her sweetly. "It's okay. I love you." Soojin kissed Shuhua on the forehead and they shared chocolates together. Shuhua worked on taking care of her sick girlfriend the rest of the week.