Skk angst to break the soul

TW: Mentions of su1cid3, a!coh0l and Ōgai Mori from BSD

---------------------------------------------

It couldn't have been anyone else...he really couldn't have chosen anyone else...

Now, he's sat here with a stupid grin on his face. And by my luck...Mori will have me babysit him, again. That's why I was called here, undoubtedly.
"What a fateful reunion...We're so glad to have you back!" Of course, the boss is pleased. He's been begging to have his favourite Mafia executive back for 7 years now.
"Make him feel welcome, won't you, Chuuya?" Welcome him back into my life so he can mess around and leave again?
"Yes, boss" Do I really have any other choice? I'm surprised that fish hasn't started poking fun at me, yet.

As soon as we're through the doors and out of Mori's sight; I'll beat his ass.

"Don't even bother, I want this as much as you do" It's as if he read my mind. Although, he seems unusually off...
"Hey! What's with you? Why aren't you being as.... annoying? Not that I'm complaining" I'm not concerned for him or anything, it's just...off-putting.
It's not...Dazai.

"Odasaku didn't die for this. I'm not supposed to be here. I don't want to be here. Get me out. Get me out of here. Away from him. I'm supposed to be a better person. I'm going to be a better person. I can't be here..." Wow. He seems... really upset about this... Does it mean that much to him?
"Look, I-...just calm down, alright? Quit that already" Why does he have to be so annoying all the time?

What the-...is he seriously...hugging me...right now? It's just to console him, just this once. It doesn't mean anything so I guess I'll just...hug him back..once. I'll really kill him after this one though.

{.•°Little timeskip because I'm lazy asf°•.}

Is that...Dazai? What's he doing here so late into the evening. Shouldn't he be working? Knowing him, he's probably slacking off again. It's not my problem. I get to head home. But he's just standing there...by the bridge. Probably another one of his stupid attempts and he'll fail again, as usual.

Maybe I should check on him though. Just in case. Not because I'm worried that idiot might succeed. In fact, I'd prefer him gone.

"What are you doing there?" A sentence I regret asking, somehow only half a second later.
"I'll kill myself before I do anything for the Port Mafia or him again" But...he didn't seem to laugh or smile as he said it.
"Too bad I couldn't find a beautiful woman to die with me" And here come the jokes.
"Because you're not dying today, get down from there" Without even realising, I had grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"But Oda..." Oda again... Why is all about Oda again? Oda is dead. He died. Years ago. Is Oda really all he cares about? After everything... still? What about me? Is he going to leave me again? For Oda's last wishes? Again?

No, I know why he left. The first time too. I get it.

"Fine, go then. Betray the Mafia again, see if I care. I don't want you here anyways. I'll even speak to the boss about it, if you're so desperate" Just turn and walk away.

"Wow! You're such a great person, Chuuya!~" And he's back to his cheery self.
"Yeah yeah, whatever. You better be leaving for good this time. Don't you dare even look at me again" Yeah, that saves me a lot of trouble.
"Of course, anything for Chuuya" More like anything for Oda. How many times have I been left as the second choice now, I wonder...

The next day he didn't show up. He left without a word, once again.

That Junichiro Tanizaki took his place and he brought his sister too. They have a strange relationship that I don't even want to begin to question.

It shouldn't hurt this much. He's done it before. He doesn't matter to you. He's nothing to you. You're nothing to him either...

I guess it's time to open another bottle of wine...

If I could replace the salty water with fine wine...I would in a heartbeat.