Part 33: Castaways

Blue as far as one could see.

A clear sky stretched into the horizon, and the sunlight poured down brilliantly. However, it wasn't that hot, and the climate made it easy to spend time here. The gentle breeze blowing time after time felt good. Only, there wasn't a single "thing" no matter how much one looked at the surrounding which made one feels a little lonely.

To begin with, that feeling wasn't something that could be helped with. It was in the middle of the ocean after all.

At the very center of the ocean, was a ship swaying, drifting about the waves. Well, it wasn't known whether it was okay to call it a ship. After all, the people of this world wouldn't be able to recognize this as a "ship".

The reason was the ship's body was black, lustrous streamlined shaped, without a place for passengers to board it, unlike normal ships. Normally, the body would also have two small wing-like things on both sides creating a V shape and a screw-like rudder attached behind it... but the only thing that could be seen was the devastated remains of them. If it was smoothed out, the original slightly flat orca-like shape could be seen.

However, surely the people of this world would agree to call it a new kind of demonic beast rather than a ship. The orca-shaped ship was a submarine. Needless to say, it was Hajime's artifact, allowing its passengers to narrowly escape from death after being thrown inside the magma in Guryuu-en Great Volcano. In return, it was broken to the level of being majorly damaged.

Lying above the floating submarine while it was being swept by the waves, with both hands at the back of his head was Hajime sporting an extremely satisfied look. His artificial left arm which was melted after being attacked by the beam and unable to move properly had been fixed using the material from the submarine and returned to its original form. However, the gimmicks installed couldn't be used with Keiji laying next to him with a scar over his left eye. 

"Castaways, we are castaways."

"Keiji I swear to god..."

"Ahoy there, ahoy, we are castaways

"We're stuck where we are

With no house, no car." 

"Keiji your being dramatic..."

"cmon join in." Keiji nudged Hajime's shoulder.

"Castaways, ahoy, we are castaways-"

Hajime put the barrel of Donner to the side of Keiji's head.

"Buzzkill..."

"... Hajime, how's your condition?"

While dozing off cradled by the warm sunlight and the rocking wave, the hatch behind him suddenly opened. Yue popped her head out and asked him about his condition worriedly. It was because Hajime had received damage from the beam, and because of the beam's toxin, the wound doesn't easily recover.

"Hey, I'm the one that saved his ass and took most of the damage."

"I know that Scumji..and I already thanked you for that."

"and back to square one..."

Hajime sighed looking over at Keiji. "I don't know why you tried that.. but, there's no problem at all. All my wounds are already closed. But I feel it will need at least another day for a complete recovery... More importantly, how's the thing on your side? You are considerably exhausted, right?

"Nn... I am okay. Keiji and Shia gave me their blood after all."

"Never again..."

Keiji lay in the fetal position remembering how you almost killed him by taking his blood recalling the cold feeling of her fangs puncturing his arm as Hajime and Yue snickered at his misfortune.