xii. midnight talks

Y/N

Y/N

After the so-called studying session with Ajax, my next class resumed as normal.... with Thoma absent.

Wild, I know. Even I was surprised. Why would he leave class just like that? Is he that busy? Knowing the implications of what busy meant just made me feel more upset than I need to be. He was nowhere in sight, probably with Mako, and here I am all alone in class. It was... draining how lonely I felt; Thoma really is an energy booster huh? Having him around made me more energetic than when I was left alone.

Class ended up being so boring and I got back to my room with a frown on my face. I just wished I could sleep 'til tomorrow. No need to think about this, no need to feel about this. Just sleep.

I laid in bed as I did nothing; only stare at the ceiling. My phone had a couple notifs left unchecked; two by Ajax, one by a shopping site, and one by social media. None of which I felt like checking (sorry Ajax). I have a really strong urge right now to just do nothing. The snacks from Ajax kept me full, I had only one assignment left to do which was due next week on a Thursday. I have plenty of time in my hand to just.. do. nothing.

I didn't turn on the lights once night time came by, I changed to my pyjamas and lightly comb my hair... that's about it. I have no will to do anything; not even sleep. Should I take a day off tomorrow and just... continue doing nothing? That felt very tempting.

Then it came, somewhere somewhat... a dam broke into pieces as everything came crashing down on me. The heavy weight of seeing your close friends hang out without you, the thought of Thoma might possibly having feelings for Mako, the thought of him starting to grow distant with you. Its scary... All of these felt unreal but somehow you knew part of it was true. At least some of it was.

At first it was one tear, then another... then it came flowing nonstop. Quiet sobs, hell, I was sobbing my heart out. I think I cried like a baby. Subconsciously I curled myself into a fetus position, with my favourite pillow in my arms. I guess him being absent in class took a toll on me much more than I realised. It felt so lonely... I began to wonder if that loneliness would spread to the rest of the years I'm going to be in this course. That felt agonising... I couldn't even stand a day.

RING! RING!!

huh...? Someone's calling. I wonder who would call me late at night? I grabbed my phone, wondering who it could've been. It could be Ajax, I've been talking with him a whole lot recently.

thooma ⁉️⁉️ is calling...

I think I need to get my eyes checked. There's no way its actually Thoma??

Not wanting to let this chance slip by, I answered his call. I made sure to not sound so obvious that I was crying, it would only be a burden for him to see me cry.

"Y/N!! you answered!"

He sounds... happy. Very different from what I'm currently experiencing. How contrasting.