Chapter One, The Castaway

Jacky's POV

Ah, sailing these waters on my beautiful Emerald is quite enjoyable. My bonny Irish crew has helped with that aspect of course. We do still tease Padraic and the other boys. Padraic's pride has taken the longest to recover from his embarrassment, after rushing away from that godforsaken island prison. His bare bum being on display and all. We've been sailing towards the Caribbean for several days now. I'm not too chuffed about heading into port there seeing as most of the islands are British run, and technically the Emerald is stolen property of the crown.

 "Lieutenant Faber! There's a man on a raft heading towards us! Off the starboard port, can't tell if he's breathing!" Ian McConaughey yells from the foretop.

"Right, thank you Ian," I call back.  I then peel off my decorative lieutenants garb and jump into the warm water wearing only my under clothes. The waves crash over my head as I stroke through the turquoise water. When I reach the raft, I climb aboard and look the boy over. He's soaked to the bone, his clothes clinging to his tanned skin, breathing shallowly. I don't think he's been on this raft long, his handsome face is quite free of sunburn.

And a what handsome face it is, with high cheekbones, and a small amout of facial hair. I call for Ian and Arthur to help me take this castaway lad aboard the Emerald.

After several hours out of the sun and small amounts of water dripped into his parted lips, the boy wakes up. Sitting up ramrod straight, he looks around in panic, eyes wide. I put a calming hand on his shoulder.

"Do not fear us lad, we are all friends here."

He look around the room once more before taking a deep breath and asking my name.

"Lieutenant Jacky Faber of His Majesty's Royal Navy, owner of this ship, and fine lady!" I respond with much bravado, "Who, might I ask, are you?"

He responds slowly, eyes locked on mine.

"William Turner."