Just one peaceful day... or not?

Aida was on her way to Herbology class after she left Fig's office. On the way, she wondered, who had the book before her, and most importantly, where might be the missing pages? They could be anywhere. She better start investigating after classes.

Luckily she arrived as the last, but not late. She needed to find an empty seat which she eventually found next to...
- Good morning, Princess. - 'Great', she thought.
- Good day to you, Bash.
- You're quite lovely as usual, didn't you know? I bet there must be something within the Ice Queen's heart, waiting to burst out at the right time.

Aida rolled her eyes, and focused on Professor Garlick's lecture. Today they have to tend Mandrakes, by repotting them into a bigger pot for growing comfortable. Aida once heard about Mandrakes, that their screams are deadly, but these ones before them are still young species, she didn't have to worry, yet for safety, earplugs were given to the whole class.

She was ready by grabbing the tendrils & slowly pulling the plant out, knowing she has to act quickly. She tightened her grip & pulled it out, and all the Mandrakes in the greenhouse immediately screamed, making cracks on the glass-ceiling. Professor Garlick quickly urged the students to put them into the large pots, before anything bad could happen & cover them with soil.

Aida acted as quick as she could & covered the Mandrake well.

Seeing up the ceiling, what the screams caused, she bit her lip in embarrassment. Garlick already handled the situation & repaired the damage, then approached Aida apologizing for accidentally giving her a more mature one. Soon the next task came, to plant dittany. While Aida waited to harvest it, she was asked to check the other greenhouse to learn about the other plants she may use in the future. Garlick asked one of her classmates to escort her, in case Aida may get lost in the greenhouse. She recognized the boy from DADA class. Sebastian dueled him before classes started back then.

- You're Aida, right? - the boy approached her. - Nice to meet you. I'm Leander by the way.

He also gave her a kiss on her hand. Aida felt Sebastian's glare which was full of jealousy from the corner of her eyes. She pulled her hand back.

- Yes, I am. - she answered coldly. - Professor Garlick told me, you offered to show me around here.
- I did, I just want to be kind to help the new students around, like you. - he replied, then they went to the other greenhouse. - Anyway, I wanted to say that earlier, but I had no chance then. You did very well at Defense Against Dark Arts class.
- Why, thank you?
- I mean it. Your duel with Sebastian, it was a pleasure to watch.

Aida noticed that he said it a bit loud on purpose, obviously messing with Sebastian. She better comes up with something, just to protect him at least, especially after the library incident. Before she could come up with a comeback, Leander still continued to speak his mind.

- I nearly put him in his place myself... if Hecat hadn't stopped me.
- Stopped you from what? Getting crushed by her precious dragon-skull? - she replied in the same tone, hoping Sebastian heard her.

This made Leander silent for now. Good, she thought, as she walked forward to the destination.

- So? I completely forgot why I am here.
- Let me show you. - then he walked to a potting table to pick up a cabbage-like plant & handed it to her. - Here! Throw to the training dummy & see what happens! But carefully with your hands!

She took the plant, then threw it in the dummy's direction. In the next moment, the cabbage quickly bit it where it could. Aida blinked in a slight surprise.

- What are these?
- Chinese Chomping Cabbages. These are pretty useful to have, in case you're cornered.
- Good to know. Anything else I should know?
- No. I think this was the only thing Garlick wanted to teach you. Anyway, we should go back, class is ending soon. Oh, hold on, there's something in your hair. - then he reached his hand toward Aida, just to take the - whatever it is - at her bun. It was a small white rose. She wondered, when was it put, she didn't even feel... then she realized & let out a slight frown.