iii. cheerleader blues

A/N

Question...

Would you guys rather me write out every single episode (my original plan) or skip to season 4 where all things start to pick up. It's up to you guys I just don't want you to have to read a bunch of filler chapters if you don't want to.

Speaking of which, sorry this chapter is so short. There wasn't much in this episode and my computer stopped working towards the end so I couldn't even finish the last scene

Please please please let me know what you'd prefer

-saralancesbae

-----

"Let's go girls, come on." Abby's commanding voice led the girls into Studio A again, followed closely by their mothers, all of them ready for pyramid. "Vivi-Anne, where's your dance clothes?" Abby questioned the petite girl as the team took their seats on the floor in front of Abby.

"It's in the car." She muttered in a barely audible voice.

"You need to be dressed and ready to dance when you walk into the building, yes?" Vivi nodded in response. "I want to recap a little bit about the competition. Now, there are some things that went on that maybe you don't even know about." Abby pointed her finger at Nia. "Your mom was upset about the costume." She then set her sights on Chloe. "Your mom was upset about the costume before you went onstage. But that cannot happen again. Let's talk about what we're going to do this weekend. We're going to New Jersey, and we are going to do an acrobatic gymnastics routine." Abby flipped the chalkboard around. "Overall, I evaluated all of your performances." Maddie sat at the top of the pyramid once again, Chloe, Brooke, and Mia occupying the second row, the bottom row taken by Nia, Paige, Mackenzie, and Vivi-Anne. So, Maddie, you won that competition and the title. I'm going to leave you right where you were, yes?" Maddie nodded. "Brooke, I expect you to help the younger students. And I expect you to know the choreography first and be able to help everyone else." Before the cameras turned on, Brooke was a clear favorite of Abby's, so, for Kelly especially, it was a comfortable feeling that Abby had put the pressure on Brooke. "All right, Nia, Paige, you'll be doing the tumbling part and the acro part. Vivi-Anne, because you're new here, and you don't really know all of our terminology, I'm going to work privately with you this week. And so you're gonna do a solo at the competition this weekend. All right, girls, let's go. Get up, get ready to rehearse. Moms, thank you very much."

XXX

The week seemingly flew by, as no obvious problems arose to conflict with the group number. So, it was the end of the week, and everyone was on the bus, ready to go to the competition.

"Okay, choose, music or sleep?" Mia proposed to Chloe, holding up an MP3 player and a pair of headphones in her hand.

"How about both?" Chloe put one of the headphones in her ear and one in Mia's before nuzzling her head against Mia's shoulder.

XXX

Ups And Downs-Abby Lee Dance Company

XXX

GROUP AWARD CEREMONY

"Small group acro nine and ten. It's that extra special something the judges see in a number. It's going to 433, 'Ups And Downs,' Abby Lee Dance Company." The audience applauded as Mackenzie went to accept the award.

XXX

"All right, we're getting down to the top three, folks. Nervous? Third place: It's going to 225 'Poppy Symphony' that's Lowell Dance Studio." The girls applauded momentarily before grabbing each other's hands, praying that what happened last week wouldn't happen again. "Second Place: 'Page Of My Letters,' Release Dance Company." A wave of tension was pushed off the girls' shoulders, but another wave of tension replaced it. They were in the same predicament as last week. Either they won it all, or they didn't place.