Chap 9. silent return

I woke up in my penthouse, heart pounding from the nightmarish visions that had tormented my sleep

I woke up in my penthouse, heart pounding from the nightmarish visions that had tormented my sleep. As the darkness of the room enveloped me, I instinctively scanned for my phone. Its soft glow revealed the time: 4:30 am.

With a surge of urgency, I darted into motion, showering quickly and slipping into satin black pajamas, chosen for the simplicity they offered when I would finally make it back home. My mind raced as I prepared myself, the events of the previous night still echoing in my thoughts.

Stepping out of my room, I was met with the aftermath of our raucous revelry. The penthouse bore the mess of our night. The girls had left, their presence only hinted at by the remnants they'd left behind.

Furtively, I ordered an Uber to avoid any traces that might lead to my secret. The car arrived, and I slipped into its anonymity. We arrived at my house after a tense journey, and I instructed the driver to park a distance away, not wanting my family to find out.

Swiftly, I made my way to the back of the house, my heart pounding with a mixture of adrenaline and anxiety. Scaling the ladder with practiced grace, I ascended quietly, each step a deliberate effort to maintain my secrecy. Finally, I stood on the top of the balcony outside my bedroom, my breath steady despite the rush.

With caution, I landed on the balcony and gently pushed open the double doors, my senses attuned to every creak and sigh. I entered the room, tiptoeing across the floor to avoid any telltale noise. With a sigh of relief, I closed the balcony doors behind me, cocooning myself in the safety of my room.

Taking a moment to let the tension drain from my shoulders, I look around the room, seeking solace in its familiar contours. Everything stood unchanged, a reassuring that no one came in. Approaching my bed, I removed the pillows concealing the false figure beneath, clearing a space for myself.

Exhaustion consumed me as I finally lay down, my body surrendering to the demands of the night's endeavors. In the darkness, I drifted into sleep, the events of the night's journey fading away as fatigue claimed my body.

My peaceful slumber was abruptly shattered as I jolted awake, a sensation of weight and pressure pressing onto my back

My peaceful slumber was abruptly shattered as I jolted awake, a sensation of weight and pressure pressing onto my back. Panic surged through me, and my heart raced as I strained to make sense of the situation. A hushed murmur danced on the edge of my hearing, as if someone was talking to me from a distance.