𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

SUN SHINED INTO SAEREHRA'S eyes as she awoke from her slumber soft snores filled the room as her brother and sister were still fast asleep. She had to admit she had always been an early riser, a girl who woke up just as the handmaidens did. Just as most of the people of Merkworth did to go to their jobs to that barely payed enough for their families. Not like money was ever a problem the lord of Merkworth gave plenty to his people, to the ones who owned business. But that money went to the owners most of it went to repairs that had been long overdue and restocking what they had needed and by the end of the day there wasn't much left.

Saerehra had wished to see and end of poverty once her brother became the new lord of Merkworth. She had expected to marry her brother as Valyrian custom states, though the two both had displeasures over the topic but with the custom of marrying siblings to siblings that had been seen in her father's parents it made sense for such a thing. She knew she would never marry a Hightower like her father had. He was miserable in the marriage his only joy being his children. But despite her disgust over having to possibly marry her brother she knew it would be her best way to help the common folk more than her own father did even if the help he had done was to his best ability but she knew their was more he could do but had not wished to do so.

As silently as she could Saerhera slipped out of her bed and left her and her siblings nursery after getting let out by her siblings sworn swords. She headed down the dim lit hallway that only held the lords, ladys, and their children's chambers, everything thing else was elsewhere in the castle. Saerehra walked to a spare closet not too far from her mother's chambers, her mother and father had never shared a room, it was just a custom Saerehra and her siblings grew up with and how they believed married people should be. So to hear how people bedded together for more than just their wedding night was abnormal, a custom they found odd and unusual. And even with the way they never saw their parents have any sort of physical contact besides keeping up appearances with the common folk and with other royal families they knew that wasn't how you treated your wife or betrothed. They knew you had to treat them as you would your family because that is what they would soon be. They knew you had to love and cherish one another despite not wishing to be in such a relationship, you must do your duty to the realm, to yourself, to your family, to their family, but over all you do your duty to them and love them unconditionally.

Swinging open the large door Saerehra found one of her handmaiden's waiting for her with one of her old dresses in hand. "Good morrow my lady" Saerehra smiled as she let the handmaiden help her undress from her sleepwear. In her opinion she was getting a bit to old and "mature" as the maesters called it for a handmaiden to help her dress but her father insisted she still have one gods know why. "Good morrow Marilla. Do you know if the kitchen set aside yesterday's leftovers? I do hope is more than just scraps" Marilla nodded her head as she helped her young lady put on a purple dress she had not worn since her and her siblings last name day. Purple and white where her house colors so name day dresses always consisted of those two colors and never anything different.