Chapter One: Party Of The Year

Charlotte
Friday, November 29- Waxing Gibbous
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"Charlotte! You're going to be late again, lets go!" Josh shouted. His voice echoed through the living room, all the way to my bed room up the stairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled as I left my room, closing the door. I took the stairs two at a time and walked quickly into my kitchen. "Where is..." I began when Josh cut me off.

"They're on the counter."

"Thank you." I said, grabbing, my keys, and smiling.

"You're welcome. Now can you please go to school before you have to run to class again. Mr. Martin said if you were late one more time you would have Saturday detention."

"Yes, I will go now. I really don't need Saturday detention tomorrow." I moaned and walked to the front door. Josh followed me outside to my car.

My car was gray Charger. It was a newer model and, it was a gift for my most recent, 17th , birthday last year from my parents. I opened the drivers door and got in.

"Hey, I'm going to be in late tonight. They said that we're getting close to closing the case finally." I nodded and put on my seatbelt. He was still standing in the door and almost closed it before he paused and said, "Oh, and Charlotte, please be careful around the woods. The wolf attacks are getting worse."

"Yeah sure, I'll be careful." I told him.

"Okay, I'll see you later then." He closed my door and went back into the house. I stared my car and began to drive to school.

I didn't live far from the school but, I was close to being late everyday. I didn't like going to school. Ever since this year I liked school, but now I didn't even want to think about going. I could think of a few reasons why to go with that too.

I pulled into the school parking lot just as the first bell rang. The kids began to shuffle into the school in their packs, and I pulled in a parking spot, putting my car in park, and turned it off. I slowly got out of my car and walked into the building. I barely got to my locker when the second tardy bell rang. Late again I thought. Great, Saturday detention.

I took my time getting my Human Geography book and my binder considering I was already late. I walked into class, and the whole class turned to look at me. Mr. Martin didn't even look up to see me when he said. "Miss Blake, please take a seat and, start the chapter 4 lesson review in your textbook."

First period was probably my favorite class because nobody ever talked to me. Everyday I just bounced from seat to seat to try and find a place to sit that I liked. Today there was only two seats open at the back of the class room. I took one of the two seats, and I sat beside a kid dressed in jeans and a light soft blue long sleeved shirt. His sleeves were pushed up mid way up his forearms. He had a collection of braded leather bracelets on his left wrist that stacked up on each other. He was kind of cute and, it made me wonder why I haven't ever seen him around school before. Maybe he was new or maybe it was just that I was new.

He was looking in a huge book that looked like it was out of a science college course. He was writing what looked like notes on a sheet of note book paper. He didn't seem to notice the world around him. Something in me couldn't stop myself from looking over at him every ten minutes between working on my review to see if his position changed. It never did. The whole fifty-five minutes of class he didn't look up, he didn't sit back, he didn't even look like he was breathing. I was startled at his first movement. It was swift and quick. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I wasn't looking at him or if he didn't look strait at me. He had sat back and his stare held me in place like I was his prisoner. His hair was a dark brown and a little curly but, it was more wavy than curly. His eyes were the ice cold sapphire blue the same shade of his shirt. They were hard, solid, but something about them screamed help me.