Daily Prophet: Darling, Dearest, and Dicey?

"WHILE IT WOULD seem the notorious mass murderer Sirius Black is still at large-despite the abundance of Aurors out in the search by the Ministry of Magic-let me tell you about someone very close to the Azkaban escapee

"WHILE IT WOULD seem the notorious mass murderer Sirius Black is still at large-despite the abundance of Aurors out in the search by the Ministry of Magic-let me tell you about someone very close to the Azkaban escapee... For those who don't know the twisted (and entangled) family tree of the House of Black, well, dear readers I'm afraid there aren't enough pages in todays issue for that-another time perhaps. Today, let us shine our wands towards one particular branch of this family; right on another equally infamous member. They say the same rotted fruit falls from the same poisoned tree, no? Well, I think yes... The eldest child born to the late Walburga and Orion was a daughter, Marcela, who came before Sirius and the final child, a younger brother, Regulus Arcturus. Marcela Ione Black was not a hat-stall and was promptly sorted into Ravenclaw House (let it be known, this is an oddity for the Noble Black family and their almost absolute streak of fostering Slytherins-one divergence Sirius Black would soon follow after, see: Gryffindor Class of 1978) at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1967.

The lovely young heiress quickly made a name for herself whilst at the school, quoted here, "Oh, everyone knew Marcela Black. A darling. Incomparable. But that family of hers made it as such... She was their golden girl of sorts. Walburga cherished that girl. Because of, well... that power of hers." That power spoken of here, dear readers, is that of Charmspeak, of which the women in the House of Black are known to be born with, fortunately or unfortunately, once every few generations. "She used it well. Dicey thing. All the time. She got Ravenclaw Qudditch Captain that way, I heard. It didn't end there. Boyfriends and new cloaks and the best brooms. Got her to be a prefect, too. I'm sure she would've charmed Headmaster Dumbledore himself to secure Head Girl with it, but one day-Marcela started minding her words. I think it had to do with her fiancée at the time. Rumor has it, Marcela used it to make him love someone else... She always minded her words after that." All of this are claims from Marcela's former classmate Bertha Jorkins. Whatever the truth, the scintillating witch graduated Head Girl in 1974. She was engaged to her schoolhouse sweetheart Lucius Malfoy (raise those brows indeed!) for months before graduating, but was kept from the promise of honeymoon bliss when he was suddenly married to her cousin-Narcissa Black-that same winter.

However, it seemed there was no love lost there given the fact that Marcela Black was married to Adrian Yaxley in spring of 1975 ... only to be widowed before the fall even befell the newlyweds. Her mourning period did not go on longer than her first marriage - because she was promptly remarried by the following spring (many would go on to say it was due to the stern ruling of her parents to have a child, according to Bertha Jorkins... I'll follow up with that in another issue, you have my word, my dear ones) to high Ministry Official, Callum Selwyn! Only for husband number two to, you guessed it, also perish! Gone and away in equally suspicious circumstances as Marcela's first husband... The strange and sudden deaths so close in time would be brought to light to the Ministry after Marcela was married her third and final husband, Faustus Nott...