XIII. Write It On The Skyline, All We Had is Gone Now.

★ thirteen ,
write it on the skyline
all we had is gone now.

SYDNEY
      october 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ LIFE WAS supposed to be getting easier as the days twisted into nights, but they weren't. they were never going to get easier for the two heartbroken girls, one in melbourne, barely able to get herself out of bed and the other in sydney, forcing herself to distract her mind from that night.

odessa didn't care that she was hurting herself more and more as the days went on, she had lost one of the best things she's ever had. she couldn't forgive herself for that, the pain she felt everyday only felt like a deserved punishment for hurting sam.

odessa wanted to return to her house, but the thought of being alone made her tremble. so, she stayed with helen since her departure with sam.

the brunette girl hummed to the tune of better man, softly dancing around helen's kitchen until the blonde stumbled in, completely unaware of what her bestfriend was doing. "hi. . ."

"good morning" odessa smiled.

helen squinted her eyes, taking a seat on bar stools "you're awfully happy."

odessa shrugged "got the call that i was gonna play in the aussie diamonds next year for the world cup"

helen rolled her eyes "we already knew you were getting in. . . is it a good time to tell you that i'm playing for england?"

"what?" odessa gasped "you traitor!"

helen laughed it return, taking a sip out of a glass of apple juice odessa had so kindly gifted her. she bit her lip, hesitant to question odessa but did so anyway "when are you going down to melbourne, for training?"

"april next year" odessa whispered.

"i think you should go back to melbourne tomorrow" helen spoke up, telling her bestfriend the same thing she had been telling her all week.

"no."

helen groaned "you can't spend forever locked up in my house dess. you need her as much as you need your happy meals during a hangover. seriously odessa, sam is quite literally the perfect girl from your stupid romance books. you do know how many flights she's been on, alone, just to come see you? flying odessa. the girl that is shit scared of planes, flew by herself multiple times to see you."

"it's over already, there's no going back" odessa replied "plus, she's playing a game tomorrow, i can't just go back."

"how do you know she has a game?" helen raised an eyebrow. odessa placed her hands on the kitchen counter, frustrated.

helen smiled, she placed her hand over odessa's "although i did say i didn't like sam at first, i really think she's your perfect girl. please go back to melbourne and just fix things."

"things can't be fixed helen. i can't just interrupt her live with an unwanted apology. sam agreed with me, we can't happen. it's only going to effect people around us." odessa shook her head, continuing to believe the made up lie she made for herself.

"who the fuck cares what kat thinks." helen finally snapped "one day, when you and sam are old and married. kats gonna be dead and she's gonna have no fucking say in what happens between you two. you can't let your mother continue to control your life. you want sam, you can't stand there and tell me you aren't in love with her. sam told you she wanted you back, sam loves you."