Chapter Twenty-Two

ہم سے بھاگا نہ کر دور غزالوں کی طرح
ہم نے چاہا ہے تمہیں چاہنے والوں کی طرح

Hum se bhaga na ker door gazalo ki tarah
Humne chaha hai tumhay chahne walo ki tara
~Jah Nisar Akhtar

My eyes opened taking into the surrounding of the room I have become familiar with over the months I have been married. Coal nowhere to be seen. When suddenly a heavy weight around my waist registered in my brain and my eyes popped wide open.

Zain had his one muscular arm around my stomach, while the other one acted as a pillow under my head. Our bodies flushed against each other where every inch of mine was in contact with his.  His face snuggled into my hair and I could feel his hot breath at the back of my neck.

My heart by now was probably racing a mile per hour and my face had flushed up into a tomato at our position. It wasn't like we haven't done anything but still the feel of his body sent waves of pleasure and shame all over me.

Usually, I slept with a pillow wall between us but yesterday because of Coal, I had ditched that and been laying with my back towards him nearer than I usually slept. And maybe because of the cool Air Conditioning last night, I had ended up snuggling into him.

I gently tried to pluck his arm away from me but  it tightened as he pulled me even more closer to him. I held my breath when all of a sudden, he twisted us around so that I was now on laying top of him. I placed my hands at the side of his face to support myself, my hair spraying around both sides as they provided a curtain around our faces. His sleepy eyes bore into mine as his hands gripped my waist from the side.

"Ainda agar uss shaitan ko sath le ker soi toh, to sonay nahi doon ga tumhay," He said, as his one hand left my waist, travelling up to crass my cheek in a mock loving manner.

I jerked his hand away, pulling myself out of his grasp and jumped off the bed.

"Pagal admi." I muttered in frustration as I almost ran towards the bathroom.

"Suna mein nay." He lazily replied back, his voice hoarse from sleep.

"Achi baat hai!" I snapped, as I shut the bathroom door loudly hoping the sound irritated him.

By the time I got out, freshly showered and dressed, I found the room empty with no signs of him. Probably because I had spent above an hour trying to calm myself down from the little ordeal we just had. So no wonder, he had left to get ready in one of the spare rooms as to not be late for his office. 

When the door of the room open and in entered the devil himself, but what surprised me was his attire, or more like the lack of it.

His royal highness only had a towel wrapped around his waist, while his upper body was bare glistening in water from the shower he took, his hair lightly dripping.

My mouth fell gaping open and my heart beat sped up at the sight of him but I quickly gained my consciousness, as I tried to walk past him in order to leave the room but was stopped midway as his hand gripped my wrist.

"Bahar electrician aya howa hai." He said and my heart sank as I realised I can't leave the room.

"Theek hai. Per hath choray mera." I muttered, trying to avoid looking at him.

"Kiyun? Sharam aa rahi hai?" He asked, as the grip on my hand tightened and he pulled me closer. My eyes shut tightly as I tried to calm my racing heart.