9. STRANGERS ON THE TRAIN

Have you ever had that feeling of a stranger that can make your whole day?

I had that today! Most of the times I love going with the train! It gives me peace, I can relax and I let my thoughts go freely!
Not today! Today I dreaded it. I had to get up way too early, I was tired and my trainride was way too long.

I had to hurry to catch my train, one minute later I would have missed it. Out of breathe I took a seat at the window. I love to look outside and see the passing view.

We slowed down arriving at our next stop and that's when I saw her! Tall, wavey Brown hair, hazel eyes! She looked like a goddess. I was staring so much at her until I realised she was looking back at me. I quickly lowered my head looking down my lap, wanting to disappear for a second.

I felt my cheeks blush. A woman I have never seen, haven't spoken to is making me blush and she hasn't even said a word to me. I wanted to look up again to see her one last time but when I looked up she was already gone.

I felt it sting in my heart! That moment you see a beautiful stranger and you know you're never gonna see them again!
I continued looking outside waiting for the train to move again!

"Excuse me, is this seat taken"
I swear I heard an angel speak. Her voice was so soft, with a slight accent I couldn't point out where it came from. I looked up and saw her looking at me while pointing to the seat in front of me.
"Yeah yeah no it'ssss uh free" I stuttered.

What is this woman doing to me! She placed her purse in the seat and sat down in front of me. I looked back outside since the train started moving again and to make sure she didn't see the blush on my cheeks.

But I wasn't really looking outside. I was staring at her reflection in the window. 'Effortlessly perfect', that's how I would describe her.

Gosh I wanted to talk to her, but what the hell would I say or ask without sounding like a creep.  About a minute later I had an idea.

"Hi, sorry, I heard an accent earlier and I can't help but wonder where it's from.?" I asked her! I killed it, simple question but one that could start a conversation.

"I live in LA, but I'm originally from Italy"
"Wow that's amazing. How long have you lived here?, I'm Danielle by the way." I said while putting out my hand for her to shake.
"Hi Danielle, I'm Stefania and I've live here for around 10 years I think"

We started a slow conversation that felt so effortless and safe. I felt at ease in a way and it scared me. A total stranger could make me feel so relaxed just by sitting besides me and talking to me.

Getting closer to the next stop she told me this was her stop. A thing I dreaded. Knowing I'd have to say goodbye to this beautiful, amazing, perfect woman and knowing I will never see her again.

I waved goodbye to her, seeing her again from outside my window. I kept staring at her while my train slowly made a move and she became smaller by the moment.

An encounter I didn't know would end up meaning so much. An encounter that I didn't know would end up happen everyday. I didn't know right then I would see her the next day, and the day after. That after a week and a half I would dare to ask her nummer. That we would text each other even after being on the train together.

That she would end up asking me if I wanted to go on a date with her. That I would kiss her on her doorstep after our first date. That she would end up being my girlfriend, my girl...

Writers notes:
Just a short little idea that I had and wanted to write out. Feel free to use this idea for a more longer and detailed story.

Also remember this is just a story. A made up story where I just use their names, nothing more to look into it!