owchies

The level of white-hot pain drilling into his ears is unbearable. The screaming overlapped with the ringing, burying deep into his skull and burning everything in its path. It's like someone is driving a toothpick into his eardrum, like he's getting a lobotomy- it's like he's in the middle of ear surgery and he's woken up from the anesthetic but can't say or do anything to stop the pain.

It's horrifying. It's not painful, it's so much worse- it's excruciatingly mind-meltingly loud, and he thinks he might be dying as the noise rattling his very being seems to go on for an eternity.

He knows he's fallen, collapsed completely in the loss of his spatial orientation while his bionics and brain attempt to handle the sudden agony and noise, transporting all the materials it can to keep him from passing out or dying to this perceived threat.

His shoulder and arm and hip are all throbbing like he's been thrown by Adam across the basement and into the rock wall when in actuality he's fallen maybe five feet to the tile below.

It feels like his brain is pouring out of his ears. It feels like there is no chance he isn't pouring blood all over the white tiling in Mission Creek High's entrance room, staining it red. It feels like his eardrums themselves have been liquified and slowly dripped out in an ever-increasing flow of agony.

And then all at once the ear-piercing ringing stops, and he stops screaming. He's scrambling to the nearest solid object without the brain power to process what it is, bionic information unit letting him know his senses are still coming back online.

His ears are still ringing when he blinks back into awareness, feeling the texture of Adam's jeans and hearing the snickering of his siblings like he didn't just go through complete and total evisceration via noise.

Maybe he should've stayed in the basement.