XIV. You Are The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

★ fourteen ,
you are the best thing
that's ever been mine.

MELBOURNE
      october 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ THE PRE-SEASON matches for the football world cup had started up, and the matildas were up against ireland for their first match. a nervous aura covered the group of australian girls, they needed to prove they were not a force to the reckoned with early on. make the others fear the name they used to make fun of.

odessa and sam stood in the quiet area of the girls locker room. sam sat on the middle bench, her hands caressing the sides of odessa's hips. while odessa stood between her girlfriends legs, starring down at the girl she loved.

odessa's hands ran through sams hair, sam was never a fan of having her hair down. but times were she was around her girlfriend, she found herself grow more comfortable with her hair not being tied back into a small ponytail. she had her hair down, letting odessa freely run her fingers in between parts of her hair

"you do realise you're australia's best goal kicker? you're going to absolutely demolish ireland's goalkeeper." odessa laughed "the entire team will go home crying living with the memory of you kicking there ass. cause you're sam fucking kerr dude."

"i don't want to let the team down again, i screwed over that game against south korea—" sam was cut off by the attachment of her girlfriends lips on hers "you can't just do that" she complained.

odessa tilted her head to the side questionably with a mischievous smile "do what? i'm just kissing you sammy bear. do you not want me to kiss you anymore?"

sam shook her head quickly "please continue to kiss me. ignore everything i said."

odessa chuckled in return, completing her girlfriends request in taking sams lips against her. savouring the soft feeling of sams lips against her own. a feeling she would never fully recover from, every time they kissed, odessa stilled stayed in shock.

"i could spend forever doing that" sam sighed happily, biting her lip in awe.

odessa giggled, a red flush of head covering her face "i would love that, but you have a whole team of girls waiting for you out there."

sam loudly groaned, lightly pushing her head into her girlfriends stomach. "i can't spend this next two hours pretending i'm not in love with you."

"so only spend an hour, come find me right after the game. and then you can go back to them" odessa proposed, placing a final soft kiss on sam's lips "you're gonna do great.  .  . and if you win, it's unlimited kisses for a whole lifetime."

sam stood with a large beam "that's an offer i can't turn down easily." she pulled her hair tie off her wrist, tying her hair up in a small ponytail. she wiped down the yellow jersey she was wearing. the large number twenty showcasing the front of it. "i'll see you soon sunshine."

sam raised two fingers up to her forehead in a saluting position before flicking them away and walking out of the locker rooms. odessa stood back for three minutes, before exiting the room aswell.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ODESSA SAT beside kyra. carefully letting her eyes gaze over her girlfriends body, watching as the game slowly intensified.