Under The Mistletoe

Under The Mistletoe

What was supposed to be a shiny sunny day in Malibu turned out to be the very opposite. Sure, it was winter currently but California wasn't supposed to know the meaning of that. Until now that is...

"I thought you said it doesn't snow in California," Brooklyn let out a small chuckle as she put out her hand to catch the falling snow.

Barbie smiled at her girlfriend. "It doesn't usually."

The pair of nineteen-year-olds were in Barbie's car driving to The Dreamhouse. It was almost Christmas and the pair of them were spending it with the West Coast Roberts this year before Brooklyn headed back to New York for Christmas Day with her family. Simone had been nice enough to fly them out while Barbie's parents had left her car at the airport for them earlier. The West Coast Roberts' parents had needed to take a flight out themselves earlier in the day due to some kind of work emergency. So, it was just going to Barbie, Brooklyn and her sisters for a couple of crazy days.

Barbie drove her car into the driveway and was instantly accosted by her younger siblings.

"Barbie!" the three of them called out as they all dove in for a group hug.

"Hey guys!" Barbie said as she attempted to breathe from the death-gripping sister hug.

"Let her breathe guys," Brooklyn couldn't hold in her chuckles as she exited the car.

"Brooklyn!' the three sisters called out as they jumped on her to give her an equally death-gripping hug.

"Okay, maybe let Brooklyn breathe now," Barbie said, trying to save her girlfriend from her sisters.

"We haven't seen you guys in ages," Stacie said when they finally released Brooklyn.

"You saw me at Thanksgiving," Barbie raised her eyebrows at her younger siblings.

"Yeah, but not Brooklyn!" Chelsea cried.

Barbie and Brooklyn just let out a small chuckle as they entered The Dreamhouse with her sisters following suit, carrying whatever they had been handed. Barbie led her girlfriend up to her room where they started to unpack.

"I can't believe how well that bridge came out on the flight," Barbie was saying to Brooklyn as she unpacked her jackets.

"Right?" Brooklyn responded; her hands full of socks. "Otto is gonna love it for the album."

"He's loved all the stuff we have sent already, right?" Suddenly Barbie was panicking. The incredible Otto Phoenix had liked their stuff...right?!

"Breathe Barbie," Brooklyn placed both of her hands on her shoulders. "Inhale," Brooklyn took a deep breath in, "exhale," Brooklyn breathed out.

"Inhale, exhale," Barbie repeated, breathing in and out.

"Better?" Brooklyn gave her the warm comforting smile that she always adored.

"Maybe, I just have too much restless energy from the flight," Barbie said.

"I know one way to get rid of excess energy," Brooklyn raised a seductive eyebrow.

"Go for a jog?" Barbie was already looking for her sneakers.

"Not quite the physical activity I was thinking about," Brooklyn said, sounding a tad disappointed.

"What do you – OH," it suddenly dawned upon her what Brooklyn was suggesting. A quirky smirk came over her face. Placing her hands on her girlfriend's hips to bring her closer, Barbie leaned in to whisper. "Is that what you had in mind?"