7: The Portal

Time- 8:15pm

Your truck stops in its tracks and Takeda looks at you reassuringly. You follow your squad as they exit the truck and see Sonya and Jax's squads talking to other groups. Johnny leads your group to them and bows once he is met by a monk with a razor hat.

"These are the Shaolin Monks." Takeda says, noticing your confusion. "And those," he says pointing towards a different group. "Those are the Lin Kuei and Shyrai Ryu. They'll be accompanying us."

"Cool," you say. "So who's accompanying who?"

"The Shyrai Ryu are accompanying us, the Lin Kuei are accompanying Commander Briggs' squad and the Shaolin monks are accompanying Commander Blade's squad."

"Ah, okay." You say. You look around and see a blindfolded man in strange clothes walking towards your squad. Takeda walks forwards and hugs the stranger.

"Y/N, this is Kenshi," Takeda introduces. "He's my dad and he'll also be accompanying us in Outworld."

"How many more people are gonna join us?" You ask.

Takeda chuckles and shrugs.

*Time skip*

You and your squad stand at attention as Sonya speaks.

"Listen up!" Sonya shouts. "At approximately 2100, we will be entering Outworld. Once we enter Outworld we will all split up and try to end Shao Kahn's reign. My squad is Alpha, and we have the assistance of Bo Rai Cho, Lui Kang and Kung Lao. Commander Briggs' squad is Beta Squad and have the assistance of Sub-Zero, Cyrax, Smoke, Sektor and Frost. Commander Cage's squad is Delta Squad. They will have the assistance of Scorpion, Kenshi and Kung Jin. Now that you're all aware, get in your trucks and prepare for outworld!"

As the squads board the trucks, you look over at Cassie and she looks at you. The two of you exchange a saddened glance and board your trucks. The trucks line up and enter the portal.

(Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed these chapters and sorry for them taking almost a month to come out. This story may not be updated for a while as school is about to open so I'll have less time to write but I will try to update whenever I can. Regardless, hope you've enjoyed the story so far and I hope you'll continue to enjoy it as I write it)