Goodbye

Giorno's phone woke the boys up earlier than usual. Giorno reached for his phone, which was on the nightstand.

"It's a text from my dad," he said. "He wants to have breakfast with him. My parents are coming to see how we're doing. They'll be here soon."

After getting dressed, they waited outside Fugo's mansion, chatting. It was cloudy out.

"So," Fugo started, avoiding Giorno's gaze, "what will do once you get home? Will you upload a vlog or stream Minecraft?"

"I don't know."

He sighed, sitting on the pavement. "This sucks. I wish you could stay here forever."

"I will." Giorno sat down with him, head resting on his shoulder. "We'll have to wait three or more years."

Fugo fought off a tear, but Giorno noticed and kissed his lips to make him feel better. They embraced each other, wishing to be in this moment forever, but Giorno spotted a taxi coming their way.

"My parents are coming," Giorno said, getting up. He helped his boyfriend up.

The taxi braked right in front of them, and right away, Giorno noticed his mother's absence. "Where's Mother?" He wouldn't be surprised if she went to a club.

"Her? Oh, I'll explain at the restaurant," Dio answered, sitting in the front seat of the taxi. "Get in, you two."

The boys got inside the taxi. Fugo was sweaty, unsure of what to say. He wanted to beg Giorno to stay, but his presence terrified him. Then, Dio stared at him, smiling and showing a sharp fang.

"What's your workout routine?" Fugo blurted. Oh, why did I say that?

Dio grinned. "How I managed to get this body is complicated. It took years of training, but you're fine the way you are. I never mentioned this before, but I noticed you're taller than Giorno."

"I am?" Fugo got nervous, unsure if that was a good or bad thing.

"I expected Giorno to be near my height, but his mother is tiny."

"Speaking of Mother," Giorno said, "where is she?"

His father sighed. "We'll have to conversation later." He looked at his phone, typing away. "A friend of mine will be with us."

"A friend?"

"His name is Enrico Pucci. We've been friends ever since he was 17. He's a priest and lives in Florida, but he's not one of those religious freaks in America. You'll like him."

"Had I ever asked your age?" Fugo questioned. "I just realized how young you look."

"Do I look that young?" Dio looked into the rear-view mirror but forgot he had no reflection. He covered his hand with it.

Fugo noticed but pretended not to. Maybe that explains why his parents have acted strangely. Dio must've used his vampire powers on them. Fugo looked at Giorno, wondering if he might be a vampire. He's seen his reflection many times before, so no. One thing that bothered Fugo was how the sun—a vampire's weakness—had no effect on Dio.

As for the ride, it was quiet until they got to the restaurant. The place was clean, and a few people sat around. The host sat them with Dio's friend, Pucci. The boys sat together, facing Dio and Pucci.

"Where is Mother?" Giorno started.

"She's on a plane to Japan to get our things," Dio explained. He smiled upon his reaction. "We're living here."

"How?" Fugo asked. "Do you have a work visa?"

"Don't worry about it. You two should enjoy your summer vacation together." He looked at Pucci. "My friend, I told them about you, but you don't know anything about them. Boys, say hi."