ONE

Biting down on her lip, she started to wish she had smoked a blunt before she came in here. The blood, the pain, it was excruciating just like the first time, she came in here, and even though the needle was piercing into her skin, she knew this probably wouldn't be the last of her battle.

"You good, Tokyo?"

She nodded her head, and just closed her eyes, letting a chuckle fall through from her lips, "I'm fine, it just hurts."

She could hear him laughing and she laughed too. You would think she would be use to getting tattoos these days, but it was just like she was getting her first one, every time.

"How much I'm gone owe you?"

He smacked his teeth, and wiped down her tattoo, before letting her look at it. It was a tattoo on her arm, of her baby sister, which made her smile faintly since she looked so beautiful. She had her two long ponytails, with red rubber bands on both, and her dimples were beautiful as they pierced through her skin.

"How much you say I owe you again?"

He shook his head,
"You don't owe me nothing, but to be happy."

Tokyo smiled, responding that she was happy. She probably wasn't happy emotionally or mentally, but physically and financially, she was happy with herself. She always told herself life could be worse than what it was now, and she could only take one step at a time to moving on from what she had been through.

"You aren't happy, I can tell, ever since your little sister passed away you been sulking away in these tattoos."

She rolled my eyes, "And what does it matter to you Rico, as long as you getting your money, you shouldn't be worried about whether I'm happy or even about my little sister, because at the end of the day, it's not your business."

She felt as if that wasn't his business rather or not she was happy or not and the fact that he even kept pushing the subject as making her angry. She jumped out of the chair and ran out of the tattoo store that belonged to Rico, and started her walk up home.

She didn't live nothing but two blocks away, and she was sure that she would be able to make it home, safely, without anyone messing with her. She usually walked anyway and even though it was going on ten at night, she wasn't the least bit scared of walking home.

Jersey had been her home ever since her sister had been killed in a terrible accident in her hometown, Chicago. She missed her sister everyday, and everything about Chicago put her mind somewhere else, so she moved.

Tokyo left everything behind except for her dignity. She left her mama, her friends, and the only thing she had left of her sister just to start over and do something better with her life. The only person she had, was that tattoo artist, who happened to be her uncle.

She wasn't one for going to school, and she didn't want too do anything but dance. It was the only thing that ignited something into her heart ever since her sister died. Being on the street right now, walking with her headphones in her ear, with her headphones bumping a classic, she danced.

It was the only thing she knew, only thing she was really dedicated too doing besides her nine to five at the dancing center, and just like that, it could be taken from her as she was walking with her headphones blasting into her ears.

Being knocked on to the ground, she didn't even have the chance to process what happened as the person placed the barrel of the gun to the side of her head.

Her headphones had feel to the floor, and at that moment she had wished she had caught that ride to her apartment with her uncle Rico.

Trying to grab her headphones, the man pushed the headphones out of her hand and pushed the gun away from her head. Out of breath, and exhausted, he raised his gun forward, "Take me to ya house," he spoke.