Epilogue

"...as we take further steps and get near to our dreams, I hope everyone won't forget to thank first and foremost the person that helped you from the very beginning, yourself. We tend to thank a lot of people for always being there with us in every success we'll make that we forgot the person who stays even in the darkest side of our life, ourself. Please don't forget to pat your shoulder and praise her or him for fighting up until now and in the future. Everyone, in the midst of every 'padayon', we may face lots of 'kakapoy' but never forget that we can always have our 'pahuway' and tell ourselves 'walay undangay'."

The crowds clapped.

He cried while laughing and going down from the stage. His eyes found me and showed me the smile that went through alot.

He fought really hard and I'm proud of him. I'm proud of my man.

"Congrats! I'm proud of you" bulong ko ng yumakap siya.

We hugged for about a minute and I felt how his tears dropped on my shoulders. He fought really hard.

"I'm sorry for all I did. I'll be better for you" he said while almost sobbing.

I chuckled. "Common Cae, don't be better for me, be better for yourself. Yourself deserves a better version of him"

Parang bata siya tumango at umayos ng tayo. I wiped his cheeks. "I love you"

Tumawa ako. "I love you too"

We were at peace with each other. In every ups and downs, we will hold each other's hand and help each other to stand up. Life has always been so hard and being with him would give the rest and escape I needed.

Our paths might be rough and exhausting but we know we can both overcome it. Every sweat we drop, will be the sign of how hard we fought together. Every tears we shred, will be the sign of how eager we are to be better.

The cruelity and the sufferings the world will offer will be the sign that we are both making progress. As we take further steps away from the comfort zone and see the world, we will hold each other's hand and be the wall ourselves needed to lean on when we get tired of walking.

It will surely be full of tears and cries but would surely be replaced by laughs and cheers. As we open a new chapter of our book together, we will hold the pen and let our self, and our mind wander freely.

And if we get tired we will be each other's rest, if we get lost we will be the map we'll hold, and if we cry we will be each other's room where we can hide. We are both so young and has so much to look forward unto.

As time goes by, we hope to see our hands that were once intertwined, remains that way, the smiles that were once warm and genuine will remain the same.

As we try to fill each other's cups, we hope not to empty our's. As we try to draw a picture, we hope to put ourselves first as the muse.

We were each other's out of the blue.

The second in everything, next to ourselves...

🫀 at rest now.