The Lost Asgardian Part 8

Chapter 8:

The school bus takes the students back to the orphanage for the day. Little Alexandra follows the others towards the building. She heads to one of the couches and begins working on her homework.

Couples enter the building to check the children. Each couple looked at the working girl who acknowledged them and smiled sweetly. They either give a look of disgust or simply ignore her. After a couple of potential parents. Little Alexandra starts to feel unsure about herself.

She looks around at the orphans. Many of them have either brunette hair or blond hair, peachy skin, and different-colored eyes. The couples already found their perfect children. Happiness and love spread her - away from the little girl. Tears line the sparkly black eyes. Little Alexandra really wants to experience what the others are experiencing.

Candance takes a step away from the adoption papers. She noticed her dear friend silently crying tears of sorrow while doing her homework. A sigh escapes her lips, knowing what's happening. The caretaker did recommend the unique girl to serious couples and even single parents, but no one wants her.

She joins Little Alexandra on the couch with a smile. Candance helps the little girl with her homework. The little girl's intelligence always amazed the caretaker. An idea appears in her mind. "I'll be right back," the green-eyed woman tells her while getting on her feet.

Little Alexandra nods her head and returns to reading her Language Arts book.

Normally, Candance wouldn't ask permission about something like her idea, but after having that fight a couple of years back, she wants to limit the attacks. "Headmistress?" she asked, getting her Superior's attention. "May I ask you permission for something please?" she asked politely.

Headmistress narrows her eyes speciously. "Proceed," she speaks lowly.

"I noticed it's a nice day outside and I was wondering if it's okay if I take Alexandra out to the park please?" she asked, keeping her guard up. "She will be away from the families coming in," The caretaker felt bad to say that but had to for Headmistress to consider.

"I suppose so," Headmistress answers as she circles around. She leans in to whisper in Candance's ear. "I will be expecting you later in my quarters." An evil smirk sends a very bad vibe down Candance's spine.

She's in big-time trouble and knows it. Candance takes a moment to take a deep breath before turning back to Little Alexandra. "Hey, Alexandra," the caretaker greets her, "how are you on your homework?"

"I'm almost done," Little Alexandra answers. "I just need to read a few chapters in my language arts book."

"That's cool," she smiles. "Say, once you're done, do you like to go to the park?"

That surprised her a bit, but a smile curls on her lips. "That would be lovely, Candance," the raven-haired girl answers.

"Awesome."

Later that night once everyone is already in their slumber, a faint cry echoes in the hallway. Even soft, it was loud enough to catch the only black-haired girl's attention. She hears the crying as she stirs. Little Alexandra wakes up confused about such a sound.

She sits up from lying on the Loki image to look around sleepily. The more she hears the faint crying, the more Little Alexandra wakes up. Curiosity gets the best of her as the little girl opens the door. Sparkly eyes grew wide in wonder at the crying.

The sounds grew louder down the hallway in the direction of the caretaker's bedroom. Along the way towards the bedroom, small droplets of blood on the floor greet her. Little Alexandra has a sickly feeling inside.

Cries came from Candance's room. She peeks through to see the caretaker crying on the bed with more blood on the floor. The little girl feels bad for her. "Candance?" she whispers, knowing she shouldn't, but feels like she should.

"Alexandra?" Candance's surprised to hear her voice while wiping away the tears. "What are you doing up so late?" she asked, seeing her enter the room.

"I heard some crying," the raven-haired girl responds, closing the door behind her. "Are you hurt?"

"Oh, no, just," the green-eyed woman tries to brush it off but grunts a bit once a pinch of pain appears. Her hand covers the lower part of her tummy, trying to ease the pain.

"You are hurt," Little Alexandra confirms it. "Let's get you a bath," she says, remembering the times when she got hurt, a nice bath will ease the pain.

Candance didn't argue. She lets the little girl take the lead towards her private washroom. Her green eyes watch amazed to see Little Alexandra run a bath just for the grown woman. She even respectfully looks away for the woman to undress before getting into warm, bubbly water.

The raven-haired girl finally turns to the woman in the tub but is shocked to see what she looks like under her covering. Candance has pale skin, but not as pale as hers, is slenderly built, and her hair waves down past her shoulders in shades of light brunette color with some specks of blond. Even though she has her back turned to Little Alexandra and covering her chest, Little Alexandra thinks she's beautiful.

No words are spoken. Just the roles are reversed the little girl taking care of the only woman on Earth who cares for her.

"Alexandra?" Candance says at one point, thinking of something.

"Yes, Candance?" she asked, washing her back.

"It's nothing, thank you for this bath," she smiles, deciding not to tell her.

"You're very welcome," Little Alexandra smiles back.