Chapter 16- Just Get Over with It

"Well Chad," I started. "Thanks for the ride. And for everything." Chad smiled and brushed my hair with his fingers. "I'd do anything for you, remember?" I hugged him tightly as tears began to well up in my eyes. "I'm really lucky I met you. No, I'm blessed. Really blessed."

Chad returned my hug more tightly. "Shouldn't I be the one to say that?" I let go. Chad cupped my face and kissed my forehead softly. "Goodnight, Erich." He said. I smiled. "Goodnight. Be safe, okay?" Chad nodded. "I will."

I watched as Chad drove away and then I went inside our house. To my surprise, Ryan wasn't at the living room watching TV. I checked the time. It was only 8:00 pm. "Huh." Was the only word I managed to say.

I went into my room after a few seconds and jumped into my bed. Then thoughts suddenly swam in my brain.

What if I picked Chad? Wouldn't I suffer the way I am now? Wouldn't I be so broken?

Will I cry everyday as well?

Will Warren still be my best friend?

Will everything feel a whole lot better?

I was so lost I couldn't answer my own questions.

Just then, someone knocked on my door. "Come in." I said.the door opened and Ray peeked inside. Then he grinned. "Hey sis." I managed a small smile. "Hey." Ray frowned. "You seem pretty down. Didn't it go well?" He asked. I sat up and looked at him with a surprised look on my face. "You knew?" I asked.

Ray sat down on my beanie bag. "Oh man, this chair's great. Please remind me to buy one of these." He said. I blinked.
Ray's cheeks flushed and he cleared his throat. "Right. Sorry. Yeah, I knew. Chad's been planning this for a long time. I'm just glad he gathered all his strength and courage to tell you how he really feels."

"And he's thoughtful." I mumbled. Ray barely heard it.
"Ah, yes. Very." Ray agreed. "He doesn't want to make you even more confused." I raised an eyebrow. "Confused?" I repeated. Ray nodded. "Aren't you?" He asked.

I looked away. "Well, yeah, I am." I admitted. "But you know what? I like him for you," Ray said. "I mean, he's really in to winning your heart and all, but he just couldn't do it."
I frowned. "What do you mean 'he can't do it'?" I asked.

"Warren, Edward, Jordan. . . That's his reason." I furrowed my eyebrows. I wanted to respond, but I kept quiet. "I'm really curious, E." Ray said. I gave him a Go on- look. "I'm trying to imagine you and him together." Then he rested his chin on the palm of his hand and smirked. "I wonder what your babies will look like."

I threw a pillow at him. "Shut up." I snarled. Ray laughed. "Just kidding, okay? I'm just trying to make you laugh. You're creepy when you're dead-serious." Ray said. I thought I saw him shudder.
"Actually, I've been thinking the same thing." I admitted. "What, you and him having cute babies?" Ray teased. I threw another pillow at him. "The other one!"

I sighed. "If I chose Chad, what would happen?" Ray rested both his elbows on his knees. "You liked him before, right?"
My body stiffened and my shoulders tensed. "Why?" I asked, ignoring his question. "Come on, that's easy to answer. All you need to say is yes or no." Ray said.

"Well, yeah," I muttered. "But that was a long time ago." I added quickly. "Why don't you choose him, then?" Ray asked. I shook my head. "That's not easy, Ray, and you know that."
"Because you're already falling for Edward?" I froze. "What?" I asked.

"It's pretty obvious, E." Ray said. "That was part of the plan. My plan." I said. Ray just looked at me. I sighed. "You got me. . ." I muttered. Ray smiled. "Ever since you made that plan of yours, you already felt something for him." He said. I narrowed my eyes. "How did you know?" I asked. "I'm your brother." He replied.