02

"That game was so intense yesterday!" Hirano exclaimed, taking off the white school-uniform jacket.

"If you by intense, you mean entirely one-sided, then you're right," Sonoda added. "But it was super fun to watch, anyways. Oikawa is an incredible setter."

Yamada put her hand on her forehead and playfully fell back into your arms. "He sure is!" 

You let out a soft laugh, placing Yamada back on her feet and straightening out the red ribbon around her collar. "You have an obsession, Yamada."

She pouted and stuck out her arms by her side. "I told you, you can call me Harumi!"

"Don't worry, she doesn't call anyone by their first names," Sonoda voiced. "Not even me, and we've known each other since we were babies."

"Who do you think's the cutest on the volleyball team?" Hirano asked, making you grateful that topics were changed.

"Oikawa!" Yamada squealed, putting her hands to her blushing face.

"I'm gonna have to agree with Harumi on this one," Sonoda concurred. "He's like a model."

Hirano put her jacket back on after dusting down her skirt and blue-collared shirt. "Mm, same here. Oikawa's gotta be the most handsome." She looked at you, raising her eyebrows up and down. "What about you, Y/N?"

You thought for a second. You never really found guys "cute". It was more like, whenever you saw a conventionally attractive man, you'd never more than acknowledge that that was all they were to you: conventionally attractive.  It was all in the heart and personality for you. 

But if you had to choose one...

"Kunimi. I'll say Kunimi."

Hirano's eyes widened. Yamada's jaw dropped. Sonoda's glasses drooped down on the left, making them lopsided.

"KUNIMI?" They yelled simultaneously.

Everyone in the class turned their heads to look at you and your friends at the desks near the door. You didn't feel embarrassed, though that must've been because your embarrassment scale was higher than the Tokyo Sky Tree, but your friends shied away.

"Kunimi?" Hirano repeated in a hushed tone, her hand blocking off her mouth from the rest of the classroom.

You thought about the night before, how incredible he was in his sport, even though no one else in the crowd seemed to acknowledge it. Not even him. "Yeah. Is that shocking?"

"Well, I guess he's cute, but c'mon, even with Oikawa or Yahaba or Iwaizumi on the team?" Sonoda asked.

"Mhm. I'd say he's the most attractive on the team."

"That's crazy," Yamada looked genuinely confused, but you didn't know what there was to be confused about. "I respect it, but it's crazy."

Just then, the bell rung. It was time for the next class to start. Some students left the class as other classmates came pouring in. Luckily for you, you didn't have to walk anywhere, because your friends liked to hang out in this class during the break. It was convenient, especially because you all had this class together.

A harrowing look fell onto Hirano's face. "Math..."

"I don't know how you do it, Y/N," Yamada groaned. "You're so good at math. I feel like I need to go back to elementary school with the level I'm at right now."

You gave her a soft smile. "You're not bad at math, Yamada. At least we all sit relatively close to each other. You can always ask for my help if you need it."