4 「S K Y P E」4

third
point of view

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐁𝐂𝐀𝐌 𝐔𝐏 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐊 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑, Catherine excitedly answered the oncoming call that was coming from both of her parents, the girl having set the whole thing up a yesterday night.

She had meant for the call to be about happier things, maybe Jacob even, however now she was going to have to explain the entire imprint situation.

"Cathy, Cathy-sweetheart are you there?" The sound of Caroline Dysis came over the screen, and seconds later both she and her husband Jacob appeared together.

However, seeing both of her parents in the living room surrounded by a couple of her siblings almost immediately put a smile on Catherine's face.

"Hey, Momma." Catherine greeted with a small wave as she looked at her beautiful mother on the other side of the screen, somehow it felt like it'd been years, but minutes at the same time.

"Oh there go, my beautiful baby girl, awww," Caroline spoke with a small squeal as she was finally able to see her little girl, whom she missed dearly. "how's Uncle Charlie's going?"

Hearing her mother's question, the expression on Catherine's face dropped quickly as she began to play with the tips of her fingers, she honestly didn't know how she was going to explain everything.

Luckily for her at this moment she wouldn't have to, since before she could even speak her father spoke up instead from partially behind her mother.

"Scoot over Caroline, I wanna see my daughter too," Joseph spoke jokingly as he gently laid his hand on his wife's hips, softly moving her out of the way. "hey Puddin."

Seeing her father finally appearing on the screen, the nervous look on Catherine's face softened as a smile came to her face instead.

"Hey Dad," She spoke waving at her father, her mood partially lifted as she greeted before she thought back to her mother's question. "it's...going over here."

Hearing the uncertainty in their daughter's voice, both Caroline and Joesph almost immediately felt that something was wrong with her.

Their daughter had always been an energetic and happy young girl, so seeing her so uncertain and nervous quickly rang red flags in the inner parent part of Caroline and Joesph.

"You don't sound excited anymore," Caroline spoke surely as the expression on her face grew confused as she furrowed her eyebrows, slowly sitting down in the chair behind her. "did something happen?"

"Uhm there was a small mishap," Catherine spoke after a few seconds, she didn't know how to dwell on the topic yet. "you know Jacob, and how we've been seeing each other?"

"Yeah, sweetie." Caroline spoke nodding her head slowly after glancing at her husband, their hands interlocked together over her knee as they truly grew worried.

"I've always thought he was a good kid," Joesph spoke up with a serious expression on his face before he began to realize that this might be the boy's fault so he changed his answer. "unless he's done something then I'm gonna rip the skin from his bones."

Hearing her father's words, Catherine's eyes widened dramatically as she hadn't expected them to jump straight to Jacob being the bad guy.

"No-no-no, Jacob didn't do anything," She quickly spoke in Jacob's defense, she was sure her Dad would attempt to go through with his threat. "it's more of what he is."