Oh no. Pt. 1

My mind was darting in all sorts of directions at what I was hearing.

"We are gonna do it. We are gonna rob that store." Beth said with confidence. "And why would I ever partake in this?" I asked her. She gave me a look that read 'you know why'. I sighed loudly before taking a sip from my beer.

I was officially annoyed by this whole situation and debated on telling them that I was sick the second they would call but they were my friends and I didn't want to chicken out on them.

"Fine." I said before downing the rest of my beer and picking up my purse. "See ya then." I got up and left for home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys ready?" Beth asked the group. "I don't think I ever will be but let's get this over with already." I spoke in a frustrated tone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... we ended up with HALF A MILLION DOLLARS. Annie said that we would most likely end up with $30,000 but no. We ended up with a lot more. So much more to the point where it had all of us freaking the hell out.

I sit up from my couch and read the caller ID on my phone. Beth. I answer it and put the phone on speaker so I can place it on the table. "Hello?" I say into the phone. "Maria, I need you to come to my house right now. It's.... important." She spoke in a shakey tone. "I- okay I will be there in 10 minutes." I say quickly and hang up the phone.

Once I pulled up to her house, I got out and ran inside. "Beth!?" I yelled. "In the kitchen!" She yelled back. I walked towards the kitchen but stopped as soon as the whole room came to view. "We didn't know you owned the store." Ruby said trying to 'apologize'. "Wait what's happening? Who are they?" I asked, staring at the three men in Beth's kitchen.

Two men stood behind the island while the third guy sat on the surface. "We just tryna' get back what yall stole from us ma." The guy with the neck tattoo spoke. "I'm sorry, what?" I said, placing my phone on a chair and walking closer to the group. "We will give it all back. We promise." I said to him. "Well... most of it.. some of it.. definitely some of it.." Annie stuttered. The girls and I immediately looked at her with questioning looks on our face. "How much!?" Ruby asked.

"You can't tell me you guys didn't spend some of the money..." Annie said nervously. "How.. much Annie!?" We continued to stare at her. "Like... 100... thousand..." I slapped my hand over my face and sighed loudly. "I'm gonna shoot you myself." Ruby said, aggravated. "Nah your just gonna get it back to me. Quick too. With advance." The guy with tattoos said. He was lowkey kinda hot.

Eventually the group left and me and Beth were left alone. "I'm sorry we got you involved hun.." Beth apologized. "I know you got a lot going on right now." She was right. There was a lot of stuff going on in my life right now. "It's okay. I know yall aren't doing great either. I'm just doing what I can to help." I spoke softly while messing with my almost empty wine glass. "You gotta let us help you too, Maria. We owe you. Big time." She chuckled at the end of her sentence. "Well. I'm gonna head home. I have work tomorrow. I will call you." I smiled and grabbed my phone before leaving.

I swung open my front door and walked inside before slamming it behind me. I placed my phone on the counter and headed to my bar and pouring myself a glass of bourbon. I took a swig from the glass and placed in on the counter before getting things prepared for dinner. "Hmmm.... Oooo~ Steak." I smiled to myself.

"Hey, Alexa. Play TiO by ZAYN." The music began to play as I sang along. I swayed my hips to the beat. I sang word for word.

I can taste it on your mouth
And I can't leave it
You're a freak like me
(Can't you see?)
We can work this something out
And I'm believin'
You get off on me
It's like cheating