XVII. Will You Cry If I Let Go?

★ seventeen ,
will you cry if i let go?

MELBOURNE
     november 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ SAMANTHA KERR had been everything odessa ever wished for, odessa knew it from the start. sam was perfect in every way, she was cherishable, a memory odessa wished would never fade away. a stranger who once turned her world inside out, and suddenly everything began to fell into place when sam came waltzing into her life like a knight in shining armour.

although sam would never admit it, she secretly loved watching those cheesy romance movies that odessa loved so dearly. she pretended to groan loudly when odessa announced they would be watching '10 things i hate about you' but through the duration of the movie, sam began to fall in love with it all. she didn't know if it was because julia stiles and heath ledger was on her screen, or if it was because of her gorgeous girlfriend sitting in between her legs as sam sat with her back against her own bed frame in her room.

after the last fight kat and odessa had gone through, odessa ought it to be best if she stayed somewhere else whenever she was in melbourne. kyra had offered her a place in her small apartment, odessa tried to fight it off, not wanting to be a burden but kyra insisted.

kyra was rarely in her apartment, she slept at everyone else's house but her own. it gave the couple more time to themselves, for a moment odessa and sam thought about moving in together for a small time, it wasn't like it was a big change, they were always at each others house. but odessa thought they were moving too quickly that way, so she took the room in kyra's apartment.

most the time odessa was over at sam's, which is where the couple was then. watching one of odessa's favourite movie in the entire world. odessa sitting between sams legs, her back pressed up against sam's front while sams arms decorated odessa's waist. every now and then, sam would place a soft, tender kiss against odessa's head. catching the younger brunette off guard as she tried to focus her attention on her favourite movie.

odessa's head fell back, exposing her neck, the tv light illuminating against the soft, gentle nape of her neck. she groaned "what i would do to be katrina stratford. . . patrick— heath is so good looking oh my god"

sam hummed, a vibration tingling through her lips "i'm right here sunshine, no need to be talking about attractive people."

odessa twisted her neck slightly, meeting sam's eyes "you're seriously jealous? dude it's heath fucking ledger, as a lesbian i should have free range to have one male crush. and he is mine."

"i thought one free male crush was bellamy blake?" sam questioned thinking back to when they first watched the 100 together.

"he's fictional, heath is real" odessa pointed out "i can have one of each category, my book crush is aaron warner without hesitation."

"what book is he from?" sam asked, not remembering odessa ever mentioning the name before.

"the shatter me series" odessa answered. her eyes brightening as a thought popped into her head "we should do have a read-a-thon, where we read books together."

"dude, it took me two months to get through the first book of the ACOTAR series and i haven't read a single book since." sams hands found the strands of her girlfriends hair, she parted it with her fingers, drawing long pieces of hair.