Chapter 5: Preaching Girl

I found myself lost in the usual whirlwind of business I had so much work on my radar and here my had was insisting we merge with Geo Entertainment which was part of the prevalent Goenka Group but has proven to be deteriorated since  a couple of years. He believed Singhania Group could enter into the OTT segment and take it to greater heights with our strategies and skilled staff.

The Singhania Group was my priority, my purpose, my world so I have been brainstorming hard whether or not to take this risk consciously. There was no room for anything else. I had built this empire, and I had to keep it thriving.

Just as I was engrossed in my work, my phone buzzed insistently. Glancing at the screen, I saw my mother's name flashing. She rarely called me during work hours, and her urgent tone immediately set off alarm bells in my mind,so I picked up the call with a hint of concern in my voice.

"Hello, Maa. Is everything okay?" I answered hastily, my heart already racing.

Her voice trembled with worry as she spoke. "Naksh, I'm at the Ganpati pandal with Ayansh. He was right beside me a moment ago, and now I can't find him anywhere."

My heart skipped a beat, a sudden jolt of panic seizing me. My Ayan was missing? I felt my chest tighten, the rush of adrenaline making it hard to think straight.

"Ayan? Missing? What do you mean?" I stammered, struggling to process the information. My mind raced as I tried to comprehend the gravity of the situation.

"We were at the Ganpati pandal, and I turned away for just a moment, and now I can't find him anywhere. Naksh, I'm so scared!" Her voice cracked with worry, and I could almost feel her trembling over the phone.

Fear gripped me, a primal instinct to protect my son rising to the surface. "Okay listen, don't worry. I'm on my way we'll find him. I'll be there in a few minutes. Keep looking for him, okay?"

Her voice was shaky but resolute. "Yes, beta. Please hurry."

I hung up without further ado, my heart pounding as I rushed to grab my jacket and car keys, my mind racing with a million thoughts. Ayansh was only six years old, a child lost in a crowded pandal. I couldn't let my fear take over completely, but the thought of something happening to him gnawed at me.

As I drove through the city streets, my grip on the steering wheel was tight, my knuckles turning white. I replayed every scenario in my mind – the fear in his eyes, the confusion, the possible dangers he could face. My heart was heavy with guilt; I should have been there, should have protected him.

Memories of Ayan flooded my mind—his infectious laughter, his innocent questions, his vibrant energy that could light up any room. He was my world, my reason for everything.
The image of his face, a perfect blend of his mother's beauty and my features, gave me both solace and anxiety.