X. I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling 22.

★ twenty ,
i don't know about you
but i'm feeling 22

MELBOURNE
     november 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚          THE TRIO pulled up to the venue, and odessa's heart started to pump desperately out of her chest. a wave of nerves overtaking her. she could not believe what the duo in front of her was dragging her into. she was promised alcohol, not a full party where sam kerr was attending.

from what odessa could see, sam wasn't there yet. it gave odessa time to shove shots down her throat before she had to see the one person she was not ready to ever see.

the music blastered across the concrete walls, the party venue looked like a club. lazars flying everywhere, a massive stand up dj in front of a luxurious dance floor, not forgetting about the outstanding bar in the middle. a place odessa was sure she would find herself constantly, considering the factor that the drinks were free. all under caitlin.

odessa smiled, finding maddy proud, sarah klau and paige hadley sitting next to the bar. the other three played alongside helen and odessa at the swifts academy, and they were join odessa in the world cup. odessa's arms were around maddy first, giving her close friend a sober kiss on the cheek "you look gorgeous mads."

maddy cheered, seeing the twenty two year old. she stood up from her seat, grabbing odessa's hands. she spun odessa around "oh my god dess, if you don't leave with someone tonight i might take you back to mine."

"watch it madison, this is my girl" sarah inputted, swinging an arm around the shooter. "we've actually been going out for years, sorry to break it to you. i'm planning to propose soon."

"oh really?" maddy placed her hands on her bare hips. she wore a two piece, her shirt being a light purple bralette and she wore a small dark purple skirt with a pair of black heels. even in heels, odessa was still almost a head shorter than her. maddy was a defender, like sarah. the pair were the tallest two on the swifts. being around 5'11. "you wouldn't even know her ring size. i would, who else brought her that ring she's wearing now?"

all eyes were drawn to the ring on odessa's ring finger. it was a silver wrap with small pieces of diamond ingraved into it, it had been a birthday present from maddy for her twenty first. being one of the only rings odessa had.

"you're lucky on that one proud, but this girl will be mine one day." sarah glared, her glare disappeared when the bartender passed four shots over to the four. "you're legally able to get drunk right?" she questioned odessa.

odessa furrowed her eyebrows "i'm twenty two sarah, i've been drinking alcohol since i was six. i've legally been able to drink alcohol for four years. . ."

"just checking" sarah smiled, passing her a shot. "you wanna get drunk?."

odessa already knew her answer, but the figure in the corner of her drew her attention away from her teammates. sam stood with hayley and mary, a drink in her hand, she starred right at the netball player. odessa felt shivers decorate her spine and her eyes drifted down sams body, sam wore a pair of black ripped jeans and a graphs shirt with white airforces.

it took everything inside her to tear her eyes away, but when she did. odessa felt somewhat proud of herself. she smiled, taking the shot from sarah hand. "is that even a question?"