Chapter Twelve

*Graphic content warning*

Tucker and Axel are ahead of Aria and I in the ticket line, my eyes are in slits as I shoot imaginary daggers into Axel's back. His perfect back. The white shirt he is wearing is almost see through, I can tell he has tattoos littered on his tanned back but I can't make out what they are. One peaks up from the collar of his shirt, I can make out what appears to be scales on the back of his neck. He's wearing a baseball cap backwards, covering his dark hair. His broad shoulders tensing as a group of girls walk past us, all of them ogling over both Axel and Tucker. Axel gaze follows them, holding their gazes until his eyes are on me. His grey eyes scale my body quickly, when his eyes meet mine again, he evilly smirks at me before turning back around.

Why did he even agree to tag along to the movies? More than likely to annoy me, or maybe he saw the way Aria was looking at Tucker earlier and thought he could get my brother laid. The thought makes me want to gag. Tucker turns around, looking at me and then to Aria, his mouth lifting into a smile as he looks at her. My eyes follow his to Aria, her cheeks are beginning to turn pink as she shyly smiles back at him.

Axel nudges Tucker with his elbow, breaking their staring contest and motions Tucker to move up to the window. While they speak to the ticket attendant, I smack Aria arm to get her attention. Her head whips at me as she winces, rubbing her hand over the sore spot.

"Are you flirting with my brother?" I whisper harshly.

The whole ride here was spent in mostly silence, but the two of them kept sneaking glances at one another. Tucker would ask her stupid questions, like how did her and I become friends, where she lives, what her bra size is. He really didn't ask that last question, but I wouldn't doubt that he'd want to know. He kept staring at her exposed chest.

"No." She lies. I want to remind her that she's in a relationship, but as I think about it, I rather her be with my brother than the trash she is currently with.

Tucker and Axel turn around, two tickets in each of their hands. We all head towards the snack line, Tucker and Aria walking side by side. Axel is a few steps ahead of me, since I don't want to stand directly beside him. I'm sure he doesn't want me to either, he probably wants one of those girls he was eyeing back at the ticket line.

In a swift motion, Axel grabs ahold of my arm, tugging me to his side. "We'll go find the seats." Axel calls out to Tucker. Tucker nods before sparking up a conversation with Aria.

Go find the seats? The thought of being alone with Axel makes me anxious, clearly he doesn't remember the incident last Saturday or the fact that I don't want him anywhere near me. Or maybe he does remember and he's going to harass me about it.

"I wanted popcorn." I huff and try to yank my arm out of his grip. I can't be alone with him, who knows what will come out of my mouth when it's just the two of us. He doesn't let go, rather he tightens his grip and continues to tug me along to the usher.

"They're getting snacks; you'll get your popcorn." Axel mumbles. I look down at his large hand wrapped around my arm, desperately trying to ignore the warmth running through me.

Once he hands the guy our tickets, he points to theater 3. Axel tugs me along, not caring about how hard I try to pull my arm away from him. Why is he still holding my arm anyway? I'm the one who wanted to see this movie, it's not like I'm going anywhere. He probably didn't want me to interrupt whatever Tucker and Aria are doing.

"Why are you still holding my arm?" I ask. I hate that I like the physical contact he's granting me, even if it's a bit rough. I shouldn't like it at all, what happened to the old me? Not needing a man, not needing to be touched because I hated it.