Deep in dept

2 months after

-

"I think I just heard an explosion in a parking lot, Cornt and Michigan, I think someone might be dead"

-

"She called while she was leaving, she wanted us to find him" Hotch said in the group call as all of them were on their way to the destination.

"Why would she do that?" Morgan asked.

"Because I gave her the truth" Hotch answered.

"It made her change her M.O" Emily added.

As the team reached the parking lot, police and an ambulance were already present.

Walking towards the scene, Emily only looked for someone.

Dani.

Walking next to the car, they looked at the burned corpse in the driver's seat.

Emily, still looking around, thought maybe Dani would be here, since it was an explosion.

A small one, but nevertheless.

As the team tried to understand what had happened, they suggested theories.

"What if she started making explosives? She's sophisticated enough to do it" Rossi proposed.

"But the change of M.O wasn't planned, she changed it because of the conversation we had on the phone" Hotch said.

"I'm pretty sure she used the gas in the car, the latch for the fuel is opened." Morgan said as they looked at the back of the car.

"How can you know?" Emily asked

"The smell, .... You've never accidentally spilled some gas on your shoes and then wonder, jeez! What is that smell?" "

The team turned around to see Dani. She had arrived.

Walking up to them, she walked past Emily to examine the car. Looking around, she even looked at the corpse. But you could say the car seemed more interesting to her than the body.

"Derek is right, she used the fuel inside the car."

"How can you do that?" Reid asked, as he was intrigued by unknown knowledge.

"Do you smoke?" Dani asked him.

"Hum, no"

"Well, either he does" She said as she pointed at the dead man "Or your guys does" she said

"It's a woman actually" Hotch corrected her.

Dani raised her eyebrow for a moment, she would never tell them, but she was biased. The man must've done something to deserve it, they always do.

"I see, well, smoking is rarer with women nowadays, but still. If she had a lighter in her possession, she could've taken out the child safety guard to keep the flame going and dumped it into the reservoir "

"Wouldn't she be hurt?" Hotch asked her. It seemed that the damage would've been instant.

"Well, gasoline is made out of reformate, alkylate, and some butane. Which is quite combustible yes, but in a contained tank such as a car, it would take some time.... Combustion requires air, so it would need enough air to travel in to ignite. Considering the possibilities of how much fuel the car had, ... I guess she-"

"Must've had 20–25 seconds before it exploded" Reid interrupted her as he calculated the math in his head.

They all watched as Dani seemed impressed. Not even wondering how Spencer could know such a thing.